Question Cambridge Audio Evo 75

parisman17

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Is there any substantial qualitative difference between the amplifier on the Evo 75 and the Evo 150 that justifies the additional outlay? I am running 1 set of B&W CM1 speakers. Thank you very much!

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi There, no one here going to able to answer that question seeing as they have only just been released.

As you're thinking of spending that sort of money id go and have a listen. But if its anything like the Naim's unit nova then there will be a big jump. But i just guessing.

But in general regardless of what it says on paper your BW's love power, the more they have the better they'll be, that really goes for any speaker TBH. It's all about control and dynamics and power in every sense of the word.

Reactions: Al ears

manicm

Is there any substantial qualitative difference between the amplifier on the Evo 75 and the Evo 150 that justifies the additional outlay? I am running 1 set of B&W CM1 speakers. Thank you very much!

Again a very simple answer:

At double the power the Evo 150 should have a substantial upstep in sound - in addition to its phone stage, and additional inputs - most notable the USB-B input for computers.

That said the Evo 75 will have ample power to drive your CM1s - which at 5.1ohms minimum will not impose a demanding load. Also remember the Evo 75 has Hypex digital amplification. So absolutely no problem there.

TRENDING THREADS