Cambridge Audio CX A60

Uffington

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I am a bit puzzled by the "advice" in the review of this amp....it suggests using both sets of terminals on the amp to biwire the speakers....is this correct ? I always thought that this was a big no-no.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
floyd droid62 said:
by using speakers A+B would in effect biwire your speakers ; but it would halve the power,so a complete waste of time!

Not sure why you would want to bi-wire a speaker in the first instance.
I am also not sure if bi-wiring improves anything. I spent time and effort and money to bi-wire speakers years ago. I learned it was a waste, or at least any improvements made were lost on me

It was to my understanding that the two pairs of speaker binding posts are there in case you wish to run a second pair of speakers in another room and not have both pairs running at the same time.

If you really must bi-wire you are be off taking two runs of cable from the binding posts for speaker A.

shadders

Hi,

In checking the manual, it does not state you can run two pairs of speakers at the same time. The button on the front seems to indicate it is speakers A or B, but not both.

As such, you cannot use the B terminals to biwire the A output.

The manual is rather scant on details here.

Regards,

Shadders.

Samd

shadders said:
Hi,

In checking the manual, it does not state you can run two pairs of speakers at the same time. The button on the front seems to indicate it is speakers A or B, but not both.

Regards,

Shadders.
Page 8 of the manual The Speaker A/B button on the front panel scrolls through the selection of speaker A only, speaker B only, and speaker A and B together.

shadders

Samd said:
shadders said:
Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.
Page 8 of the manual The Speaker A/B button on the front panel scrolls through the selection of speaker A only, speaker B only, and speaker A and B together.
Hi,

The user manual I downloaded from their website has only 6 pages. The product brochure has 6 pages too. User manual is labelled CXA Users Manual English.

Where did you get the user manual you have?

Thanks and regards,

Shadders.

shadders

manicm said:
@Shadders, samd is right - I downloaded the 14 page manual from CA's site, and you can definitely have both sets of speakers playing simultaneously.
Hi,

I used Google and obtained the reference document. I can see that page 6 states that you can have them both selected independently or page 8 as stated both can be selected.

There does seem to be a lack of guidance in stating that the speaker impedances may be an issue if both sets of speakers are selected.

Regards,

Shadders.

Uffington

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
From the What HiFi review..." There's a decent spread of analogue and digital connections with four

line level inputs and two speaker terminals( so you can biwire or run a second pair of speakers) "

floyd droid62

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
by using speakers A+B would in effect biwire your speakers ; but it would halve the power,so a complete waste of time! i ment share the power from both terminalls

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts