Cambridge Audio budget system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Go for a rotel Ra-04, I have that matched with some new Rs1 speakers at it sounds great, I would presume that the silver speakers you have would be similar.

A

Anonymous

Can I get a bit of advice on using auction sites like ebay... Say one were to buy a piece of kit for £300 (or any largish amount) then after a short period of time it becomes faulty and its not covered by warranty

Has anyone had an experience like this, or mainly good ones?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I have had DOAs which the sellers have refunded, but if something is working when you get it (and for a few days after - always leave 2-3 days of running before leaving feedback!) then dies, I'm afraid you are stuck with it...you pays your money etc.

Generally, if amps are working when you get them, then they usually stay working, unless a fuse or something similar goes, although most will slowly degrade over time (but this won't stop them working completely) due to the capacitors aging.

CD players are completely different as they have a multitude of moving parts. This is one area where I would definitely go for new if at all possible - even sticking with an iPod for now.

A

Anonymous

jbadman:
I can't believe Richer Sounds have the neck to still sell those old A1/A3/A5 and CD5 sheds.ÿ I used to have an A5 (briefly)ÿand have heard several.... completely gutless and unmusical.ÿ 60 WPC apparently....not sure where all those watts go, mind.

ÿAnd this is coming from an Azur 540A II owner!ÿ Hardly top quality or regarded as musical or warm, but light years ahead of the A5.

ÿ

I couldn't agree more!

ÿ

Sheds LOL

ÿ

PURE CACK!ÿ

A

Anonymous

jbadman:
I can't believe Richer Sounds have the neck to still sell those old A1/A3/A5 and CD5 sheds.ÿ I used to have an A5 (briefly)ÿand have heard several.... completely gutless and unmusical.ÿ 60 WPC apparently....not sure where all those watts go, mind.

ÿAnd this is coming from an Azur 540A II owner!ÿ Hardly top quality or regarded as musical or warm, but light years ahead of the A5.

ÿ

I couldn't agree more!

ÿ

Sheds LOL

ÿ

PURE CACK!ÿ

A

Anonymous

jbadman:

ÿ

I couldn't agree more!

ÿ

Sheds LOL

ÿ

PURE CACK!ÿ

A

Anonymous

jbadman:

ÿ

I couldn't agree more!

ÿ

Sheds LOL

ÿ

PURE CACK!ÿ

A

Anonymous

jbadman:

ÿ

I couldn't agree more!

ÿ

Sheds LOL

ÿ

PURE CACK!ÿ

A

Anonymous

jbadman:

ÿ

I couldn't agree more!

ÿ

Sheds LOL

ÿ

PURE CACK!ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts