Cambridge Audio BD751 ?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone got news on when the CA BD751 blu-ray universal player will actually be available?

I'm sure WHFSV said that it would be available end-Feb? Maybe tomorrow (28th Feb).

Doesn't seem like Cambridge Audio have been at the Bristol show to update the world. Our local Richer Sounds in Maidstone didn't know when it would arrive either. Very keen to compare with the BD650 !

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I think Cambridge Audio originally said 'during Spring 2011', but being distributed by Richer Sounds it was always unlikely the company would be at a show organised by a rival retail group.

Spring 2011 I guess covers any time from March 20 to June 20, and I'm afraid we don't have any more precise dates as yet.

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Someone else on another thread suggested it may not be disributed through Richer Sounds, but through more upmarket Hi-Fi outlets, which I would personally find surprising, but is there any truth to that rumour...?

def lugs

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Red Dragon:Someone else on another thread suggested it may not be disributed through Richer Sounds, but through more upmarket Hi-Fi outlets, which I would personally find surprising, but is there any truth to that rumour...?

That was me
emotion-1.gif

I am not sure if the manager inferred a different chain or only selected 'premium' richersounds stores would be stocking it.

Only that my local shop will not be getting them in < shame
emotion-6.gif
I was looking forward to a demo.

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
def lugs:
Red Dragon:Someone else on another thread suggested it may not be disributed through Richer Sounds, but through more upmarket Hi-Fi outlets, which I would personally find surprising, but is there any truth to that rumour...?

That was me
emotion-1.gif

I am not sure if the manager inferred a different chain or only selected 'premium' richersounds stores would be stocking it.

Only that my local shop will not be getting them in < shame
emotion-6.gif
I was looking forward to a demo.

Oh right, I see, well I will have to do some checking up and see if the Belfast branch is stocking it as it's the only outlet in 'Ireland' !!

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

I think Cambridge Audio originally said 'during Spring 2011', but being distributed by Richer Sounds it was always unlikely the company would be at a show organised by a rival retail group.

Spring 2011 I guess covers any time from March 20 to June 20, and I'm afraid we don't have any more precise dates as yet.

Ah ok, I got the end-Feb date from your review video from CES. Hope that Cambridge marketing guys didn't learn their trade at Virgin TiVo, or we won't be seeing it before next year
emotion-3.gif

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The Danish store HiFi-klubben already have it on their website, with all the players specs.

Delivery medio March.

http://www.hifiklubben.dk/produkter/surround/blu-ray/cambridge_azur-751bd_blu-ray-afspiller_sort.htm

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Good spot. That works out at approx £750 ?

Nothing yet on Richer Sounds website (apparently would appear there about 1 week before available in shops, according to shop).

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
They also show it on Hi-Fi Klubben in Norway but it shows its not in stock yet

http://www.hifiklubben.no/produkter/hjemmekino/blu-ray/cambridge_azur-751bd_blu-ray-spiller_sort.htm

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the 751 is now listed as an official product on the CA website:

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/summary.php?PID=776&Title=Introducing the best sounding 3D Blu-ray player yet!

Even has detailed pictures of the inside of the box :)

Not yet available to buy on the RS website yet.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a demo of the 751 booked at my local Richer tomorrow which has a demo room, and I'm taking my 650BD along to compare. Will the 751 be worth double the cost of the already v good 650?

Not interested in the 3D video gimmickry.

I'm most interested in its music audio capabilities, as already pretty impressed with the 650, but looking to see how much better it will be in stereo/multichannel audio (SACD/Blu-ray/DVD-A), and also as a CD transport - sending out via coaxial.

I'll post thoughts after the demo tomorrow.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've started a new thread here with my personal review of the head-to-head I did today

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/cambridge-audio-bd751-vs-bd650-personal-review

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts