Question Cambridge audio axr100 or audiolab

harman

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
Hi
I have ls50 meta.
which amp is more appropriate audio lab 6000a or cambridge audio axr 100? With extranl dac
Thanks for your help

TenTonTarantula

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
Also rotell a11 tribute
Or cx61.... Or somthing in the same price range

I was choosing between the same amps for the same speakers and went with the A11 Tribute. Only compared against the AL in real life though. Both were great (as I'm sure the CA is too). Doubt you'll be disappointed either way.

Reactions: harman

gasolin

I think the cambridge amp is no match for the audiolab amp also the cambrigde amp has a fan (does it get that hot that it needs a fan ?) bigt turn off, if you don't want to take the cover of and disable the fan i wouldn't get the cambridge amp, even good amps with a silnet fan are not as silent,quiet as a 120mm or 140mm pc fan like noctua or be quiet fans

robdmarsh

I had both the 6000A and the a11 Tribute for a short time and didn't like either. The Audiolab I found cold, clinical and uninvolving and the black finish had a weird residue which never came off however much you tried to wipe it off. The a11 Tribute I was maybe a little hasty to dismiss but it's volume control was awful - I could only get barely audible sound with the volume set to about 25 and this really put me off. "It's supposed to be like that", was the response from Sevenoaks, who said this is how digital volume control works.
My vote would be for the Denon pma 800ne. This after a bit of a warm up out of the box sounds terrific to my ears - punchy yet even-handed, delicate sounding when required but capable of big dynamic swells. It's a lovely solid old school build, looks nice in silver, and has a wonderful weighty feeling volume knob which moves physically using the remote. Source direct, physical tone controls and the ability to isolate the digital circuits when using an analog source rounds off and excellent package.

gasolin

I had both the 6000A and the a11 Tribute for a short time and didn't like either. The Audiolab I found cold, clinical and uninvolving and the black finish had a weird residue which never came off however much you tried to wipe it off. The a11 Tribute I was maybe a little hasty to dismiss but it's volume control was awful - I could only get barely audible sound with the volume set to about 25 and this really put me off. "It's supposed to be like that", was the response from Sevenoaks, who said this is how digital volume control works.
My vote would be for the Denon pma 800ne. This after a bit of a warm up out of the box sounds terrific to my ears - punchy yet even-handed, delicate sounding when required but capable of big dynamic swells. It's a lovely solid old school build, looks nice in silver, and has a wonderful weighty feeling volume knob which moves physically using the remote. Source direct, physical tone controls and the ability to isolate the digital circuits when using an analog source rounds off and excellent package.

25 is very low, denon i think is not match for either the rotel nor the audiolab amp

Mabye go for a tube amp ?

robdmarsh

there's nothing wrong with Denon amplifiers, I have had a couple in the past, in fact my brother is still using one of them?
I really am most surprised by the Denon pma 800ne. As I've said, to my ears, better than Audiolab 6000A, better than a11 Tribute and also better than Marantz pm6006uk which I owned for a bit, and I'm a Marantz fan! Don't know about 6007, this is supposed to be quite a big step for Marantz, but it would take quite a lot to beat the Denon imho.

Reactions: harman

Tinman1952

there's nothing wrong with Denon amplifiers, I have had a couple in the past, in fact my brother is still using one of them?
Agreed...they have certainly been doing HiFi for a long, long time.....🙂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts