Cambridge Audio 640 C & A - More clarity wanted - WHAT HI FI COMMENTS ALSO PLEASE. THANKS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Where have you seen those good DAC notes so I can point my guys in the right direction? Links appreciated!

A

Anonymous

Could I ask Santa CA for:

- a little remote for the "box with the lil' blue lights"

- a longer USB cable in the box (min 1m)

Ta.

emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Cambridge Audio CEO:Based on exerience of many speakers in our listening room the problem here is definitely your speakers. If you are near a Richer store I can arrange for you to take a pair of MS902i's or Mezzo 2's home to try, both will make a significant difference. I think the Mezzo's will surprise you if you can stretch to them.

Hi

Thanks for the comments. As some of the other guys have said, I also have a pair of 902's but suprisingly the Mision's are more forward and clearer than the 902's. That really surprises me and dissapoints me a bit after all the 5 star reviews they have been getting over the past few years. Bass extension is very poor aswell compared to the Missions.

I actually bi wired them the other day and the difference was astonishing. Huge improvement in clarity and spaciousness but slightly less bass.

I will look to change the speakers soon anyway and have been considering the Mezzo 2's, so I might take you up on that offer at a later stage if that's ok. By the way, any idea how the Mezzo's compare to the B&W 685's? I tried them and although they were clear, their scale was very poor so maybe floor standers are the way to go on this.

Hi Clare, any views on this and how you would upgrade my speakers and cables?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

From what you say it does seem like floorstanders may be your best way forward. If you want to take me up on the Mezzo offer send a message via the Cambidge Audio website support centre. Thx.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts