Calling frankharveyhifi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Frank,

A few months back you mentioned that mytv 5090h has a euro satellite receiver built in,

What does this give me if connected as i am thinking of cancelling sky for a while

I have put this on sky forum but no one as yet have come forward,

Look forward to your help or anybody else with info

Thanks

A

Anonymous

i think you can get all the freesat channels , including bbchd , itvhd , but you wont have any epg...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi timberman

Sorry, I don't know. I found out about the H version when Pioneer had been importing them in from Europe when demand increased and they couldn't cope. This wasn't until pretty much the end when we had one brand new one left in a box! So it was never something we had a chance to play with or get to know about - we weren't made aware of it because it wasn't a UK feature.

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks to you both

best i have a play and see what happens

daveh75

The PDP-5090H has a generic DVB-S/DVB-S2 tuner, so if you were to connect it to your Sky dish, you could receive all the FTA(free to air) channels available on Sky/Freesat, which is around 250 channels.
Though as Max mentioned you won't have full 7/8 EPG,just now and next channel data.

A

Anonymous

Hi dave thanks for reply.

full7/8 EPG is that what i get with sky at moment when scrolling through channels?? Not well into all the jargon,

daveh75

iamthetimberman:
Hi dave thanks for reply.

full7/8 EPG is that what i get with sky at moment when scrolling through channels?? Not well into all the jargon,
Yep, that's it exactly.

TBH,if it were me, i'd just continue to use your Sky box even if you cancel your subs. Without a sub you can still receive the 250 FTA(Free To Air) channels.

Also if you leave your viewing card in the Sky box you can also receive a few FTV(free to view) channels, i.e Five,Fiver,Fiver+1,Five USA,Five USA+1,Sky3 and 4 HD(with an HD box),none of which can be received with the Kuro...

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I think daveh75 is eager to get to 4,000 posts...
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS