Calling Chebby.

A

Anonymous

shooter69:I recall you was going to check out a 5 pin Din to RCA some time back!How did you get on??Was it a positive result?Too early for Chebby, the alarm hasn't gone off yet
emotion-1.gif

I picked up a converter from my local electronics store. However, Naim may use different pin outs on their DIN plugs in which case you'd need a Naim dealer. Otherwise, I'd imagine Maplins would have them.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Tarquinh:
shooter69:I recall you was going to check out a 5 pin Din to RCA some time back!How did you get on??Was it a positive result?Too early for Chebby, the alarm hasn't gone off yet
emotion-1.gif

I picked up a converter from my local electronics store. However, Naim may use different pin outs on their DIN plugs in which case you'd need a Naim dealer. Otherwise, I'd imagine Maplins would have them.

I was thinking Hi line.

But i'm not sure how the config would work?

I understand Din to Din and RCA to RCA but Din to RCA surly that defeats the object of a Din in the first instance?

Hopefully Chebby can shed some light.......

A

Anonymous

Naim have always preferred the DIN plugs as they feel they're better from an electronics perspectine. There's some discussion of this over on the Naim forum, or there was a couple of years ago.

Naim weren't the only ones - Creek originally had DINs, as unsurprisingly did a number of German manufacturers. However, Japan and the US always use RCA, so that became the standard. Some info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_plugs.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I used RCA --> 5 pin DIN back when I had a second-hand Denon FM tuner. (Before the NAT05).

I tried out both a Chord Crimson and a new (old stock) Chord Chrysalis lead and preferred the Chrysalis (not so much bass emphasis*).

*The Crimson was only over-bassy with the Denon tuner though. Crimson (RCA - RCA) is fine with my DAC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts