Calling Al ears...

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I can see a pair of EB1's currently but not a pair of EB2's?

There was a pair of EB2's on Ebay a few weeks ago, again collection only from London. I was interested but the seller was adamant that it was collection only, and they went for about £180 if I remember rightly. A lot less than I think he expected. Making it collection only really limits your sales.

DIB said:
I can see a pair of EB1's currently but not a pair of EB2's?

There was a pair of EB2's on Ebay a few weeks ago, again collection only from London. I was interested but the seller was adamant that it was collection only, and they went for about £180 if I remember rightly. A lot less than I think he expected. Making it collection only really limits your sales.

It does indeed, I'd be prepared to use own courier. The EB2's are there collection from a place near Blackpool... although foe some reason it does say location London.??

If someone got a pair for that money they have a veritable bargain. ;-)

DIB said:
That explains it. Probably done a deal outside Ebay, plenty do it.

Strange they were there when I checked, see time of last post.

You are correct that b#gger removed the post after I had bid on it, didn't think they could do that. However I had made a note of his login so if he tries that again his 100% rating is going to drop significantly. :)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
DIB said:

You are correct that b#gger removed the post after I had bid on it, didn't think they could do that. However I had made a note of his login so if he tries that again his 100% rating is going to drop significantly. :)

Yes he can quite legitimately remove it from sale even though there were bids on it.

Some people sell items on Ebay, Gumtree, and hifi forums concurrently so not unusual to see somthing you've been watching/bidding on suddenly disappear. However in this instance it doesn't appear to have been on any of the forums or Gumtree etc. and probably someone contacted him on Ebay and offered him a deal to save Ebay fees.

How many times do you see adverts stating "ring 079......... if you have any questions" etc.? It's an open invititation from the seller that he's up for a deal off Ebay.

DIB said:
Al ears said:
DIB said:

Yes he can quite legitimately remove it from sale even though there were bids on it.

Some people sell items on Ebay, Gumtree, and hifi forums concurrently so not unusual to see somthing you've been watching/bidding on suddenly disappear. However in this instance it doesn't appear to have been on any of the forums or Gumtree etc. and probably someone contacted him on Ebay and offered him a deal to save Ebay fees.

How many times do you see adverts stating "ring 079......... if you have any questions" etc.? It's an open invititation from the seller that he's up for a deal off Ebay.

And there was me assuming you could only remove it if no bids on it or it suddenly became damaged or the like. Thought that once bidding started you had a contract with that person from that point until outbid.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
DIB said:
Al ears said:
DIB said:

And there was me assuming you could only remove it if no bids on it or it suddenly became damaged or the like. Thought that once bidding started you had a contract with that person from that point until outbid.

If the seller wishes to go down the End My Listing Early route, even if there are bids already, they are given a number of options by Ebay to state the reason for removal. These are:- The item is no longer available for sale, There was an error in the listing, There was an error in the Starting Price etc., and finally The item was lost or broken.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
DIB said:
Al ears said:
DIB said:
Al ears said:
DIB said:

If the seller wishes to go down the End My Listing Early route, even if there are bids already, they are given a number of options by Ebay to state the reason for removal. These are:- The item is no longer available for sale, There was an error in the listing, There was an error in the Starting Price etc., and finally The item was lost or broken.

It used to be impossible to do this in the last 24 hours on an auction if there were bids, but that may have changed...

insider9

Interesting thread Gazzip... may have something to say to clear up things up

EDIT
I was looking for ATC SCM11s on a Saturday night as read that they pair up rather well with my amp. From what I've seen ATC sell for quite a lot used. Anyway, said ad popped up with ATC SMC11 reference in the title. I've not heard of EB2s until then. Low starting bid and no postage but doable drive, I was rather intrigued. Done a quick search and they were indeed compared to ATCs. Wasn't sure what to expect in terms of sound/price so contacted the seller about rough buy now price and was offered a demo. You can connect the dots as to what followed. The guy also told me an interesting story. Claimed that this particular pair is the very same pair that was used by WhatHiFi for review purposes. Said it was returned to manufacturer who wasn't intending on selling it but somehow managed to convince him. Speakers don't have serial numbers on so it is plausible. The most peculiar thing is that it was on the way out so he had no reason to lie at that point. Not sure how to verify this as the website no longer exists. Now the silver lining in this is that although there is so many things I like about these I've noticed that classical is a step above all else and I don't listen to classical that much. Let's say it a shock to my ears how open the midband is and I'm not sure I can get used to. I'm just not there yet and prefer what I have so will be selling them on. To Al ears:Al, you've helped me in the past and I feel obliged to offer you first refusal if you're interested. If you're interested please can you contact mods to get my email and we can discuss. Mods please if you could oblige, thanks. I would only be looking not to be out of pocket if they go to you, no profit whatsoever. Hope this doesn't infringe the house rules.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
insider9 said:

EDIT

I was looking for ATC SCM11s on a Saturday night as read that they pair up rather well with my amp. From what I've seen ATC sell for quite a lot used. Anyway, said ad popped up with ATC SMC11 reference in the title. I've not heard of EB2s until then. Low starting bid and no postage but doable drive, I was rather intrigued. Done a quick search and they were indeed compared to ATCs. Wasn't sure what to expect in terms of sound/price so contacted the seller about rough buy now price and was offered a demo. You can connect the dots as to what followed. The guy also told me an interesting story. Claimed that this particular pair is the very same pair that was used by WhatHiFi for review purposes. Said it was returned to manufacturer who wasn't intending on selling it but somehow managed to convince him. Speakers don't have serial numbers on so it is plausible. The most peculiar thing is that it was on the way out so he had no reason to lie at that point. Not sure how to verify this as the website no longer exists. Now the silver lining in this is that although there is so many things I like about these I've noticed that classical is a step above all else and I don't listen to classical that much. Let's say it a shock to my ears how open the midband is and I'm not sure I can get used to. I'm just not there yet and prefer what I have so will be selling them on. To Al ears: Al, you've helped me in the past and I feel obliged to offer you first refusal if you're interested. If you're interested please can you contact mods to get my email and we can discuss. Mods please if you could oblige, thanks. I would only be looking not to be out of pocket if they go to you, no profit whatsoever. Hope this doesn't infringe the house rules.

Small world! Just goes to show that playing nice and being helpful (like Al ears) can pay dividends...

DIB said:
Al ears said:
DIB said:
Al ears said:
DIB said:

That's what I thought but this posting just vanished.

insider9 said:

EDIT

I was looking for ATC SCM11s on a Saturday night as read that they pair up rather well with my amp. From what I've seen ATC sell for quite a lot used. Anyway, said ad popped up with ATC SMC11 reference in the title. I've not heard of EB2s until then. Low starting bid and no postage but doable drive, I was rather intrigued. Done a quick search and they were indeed compared to ATCs. Wasn't sure what to expect in terms of sound/price so contacted the seller about rough buy now price and was offered a demo. You can connect the dots as to what followed. The guy also told me an interesting story. Claimed that this particular pair is the very same pair that was used by WhatHiFi for review purposes. Said it was returned to manufacturer who wasn't intending on selling it but somehow managed to convince him. Speakers don't have serial numbers on so it is plausible. The most peculiar thing is that it was on the way out so he had no reason to lie at that point. Not sure how to verify this as the website no longer exists. Now the silver lining in this is that although there is so many things I like about these I've noticed that classical is a step above all else and I don't listen to classical that much. Let's say it a shock to my ears how open the midband is and I'm not sure I can get used to. I'm just not there yet and prefer what I have so will be selling them on. To Al ears: Al, you've helped me in the past and I feel obliged to offer you first refusal if you're interested. If you're interested please can you contact mods to get my email and we can discuss. Mods please if you could oblige, thanks. I would only be looking not to be out of pocket if they go to you, no profit whatsoever. Hope this doesn't infringe the house rules.

Many thanks. Will contact mods. Where abouts in the country are you? I may have a pair of speakers to swap if you are interested. They will go very well with your Primare.

insider9

Al ears said:
insider9 said:

EDIT

I was looking for ATC SCM11s on a Saturday night as read that they pair up rather well with my amp. From what I've seen ATC sell for quite a lot used.     Anyway, said ad popped up with ATC SMC11 reference in the title. I've not heard of EB2s until then. Low starting bid and no postage but doable drive, I was rather intrigued. Done a quick search and they were indeed compared to ATCs. Wasn't sure what to expect in terms of sound/price so contacted the seller about rough buy now price and was offered a demo. You can connect the dots as to what followed.   The guy also told me an interesting story. Claimed that this particular pair is the very same pair that was used by WhatHiFi for review purposes. Said it was returned to manufacturer who wasn't intending on selling it but somehow managed to convince him. Speakers don't have serial numbers on so it is plausible. The most peculiar thing is that it was on the way out so he had no reason to lie at that point.  Not sure how to verify this as the website no longer exists.     Now the silver lining in this is that although there is so many things I like about these I've noticed that classical is a step above all else and I don't listen to classical that much. Let's say it a shock to my ears how open the midband is and I'm not sure I can get used to. I'm just not there yet and prefer what I have so will be selling them on.     To Al ears: Al, you've helped me in the past and I feel obliged to offer you first refusal if you're interested. If you're interested please can you contact mods to get my email and we can discuss. Mods please if you could oblige, thanks.  I would only be looking not to be out of pocket if they go to you, no profit whatsoever. Hope this doesn't infringe the house rules.

Many thanks. Will contact mods. Where abouts in the country are you? I may have a pair of speakers to swap if you are interested. They will go very well with your Primare.
I'm in South Yorkshire. I think I've read on some other thread you're a good few hours drive away. Swap would be a possibility by all means.

The more I listen to different gear the clearer it is for me what I like. I like so many things about them.

If you look on Gumtree I put them there as it may be easier for you to contact me that way. They're the only pair in the country on that particular site so shouldn't be difficult to find. Not sure how long the mods will take to share my details. Had to put a high asking price to detract any possible interest so don't mind that. Looking forward to hearing from you.

insider9 said:
DIB said:
Fair enough, missed that. Sorry.

No problem. Only put the ad out so it's easier for Al to contact me

It would be great if WhatHiFi could provide us with direct message facility.

I guess it's something to do with data protection.

I am away at work at the moment so will look at Gumtree tonight. I gathered you might be in that neck of the woods and yes, I am a few hours drive away. ;-)

I've emailed WHF with request to pass on my email address to you.

Al ears said:
insider9 said:
DIB said:
Fair enough, missed that. Sorry.

No problem. Only put the ad out so it's easier for Al to contact me

It would be great if WhatHiFi could provide us with direct message facility.

I guess it's something to do with data protection.

I am away at work at the moment so will look at Gumtree tonight. I gathered you might be in that neck of the woods and yes, I am a few hours drive away. ;-)

I've emailed WHF with request to pass on my email address to you.

I looked on Gumtree but could find them. How do you have them listed exactly? Can anyone post a link possibly?

EDIT: Forget that, just found them and email sent.

P.S.. The fruit bowl looks nice,is it included? :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts