Calling 50inch screen owners

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
maxflinn: i have a feeling it may become a bit bored with toy story 2 though
emotion-4.gif

toystory3.jpg

A

Anonymous

bigboss:
maxflinn: i have a feeling it may become a bit bored with toy story 2 though
emotion-4.gif

toy_story_3.jpg

i can now see gel making a phone call to richer sounds , asking about a vt20
emotion-19.gif

A

Anonymous

bigboss:I deliberately changed the picture to remove that "3D" so as not to tempt gel!
emotion-3.gif

i think i remember him saying that 3d gives him a headache , so ill leave the pic there , hopefully it wont unsettle him
emotion-11.gif

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I sit anywhere from 6-10 feet depending on seating and it's fine, SD isn't amazing but it's not bad either - HD looks great and I now actually make a point of watching the HD channels where on my old 32" it was never really worth the hassle. You'll adjust to whatever you get - I go round people's houses with 40" screens now and think "eww, it's tiny I can barely make out the detail", my old 32" is now relegated to the kitchen
emotion-2.gif

Have a projector in the man room - it's about an 8" picture, I then walk into the living room with the 50" and think "eww, it's tiny I can barely make out the detail"... Weight is not a prob on newer screens, I got a wall bracket suitable for 50kg and it's not even remotely stressed - worth noting: Never buy rubbish brackets from Comet etc. - they all cost £100+ for even the most basic ones, I paid £30 for a 50" bracket (almost flat to wall, have to use the side HDMI port now!) from Asda and £20 for the 32" one in the kitchen, much better price and work perfectly (even tilt-able).

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Ok, highly scientific test for you - iPhone 4 cam from 6 feet away, first image Sky HD, second Sky SD - found something with reasonable detail for comparison ("The Duchess" - I was bored this morning
emotion-5.gif
)

HD, 6 Feet.

5d75f668.jpg

SD, 6 Feet.

b59e1ab4.jpg

Ok, I could have got the exact angles better (excuse the old TV unit, only got the screen on the wall this weekend so need something more modern) but you can see SD is softer, colours not quite as accurate, but still perfectly watchable even from this close.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Images shrunk down a bit now (there were a tad larger than the borders before - not sure if that's just Photobucket or mods playing) so a little harder to see but you get the point
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

anyway gel , when is this beast of a tv arriving ??

this is so exciting
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts