Calling 50inch screen owners

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

I was just wandering what sort of distances people were sitting away from there 50inch screens on here?

I know alot of people own 50inch screens on here.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

good morning el gelimoto
emotion-1.gif

fwiw i sit 2.5 metres from my 46in tv , and that works for me , obviously with hd that distance is no problem , and shouldnt be for you either , and most sd channels are fine at that distance too , bar a few of the dodgy ones itv3 , itv4 etc , but they are so poor sometimes that no distance will make em look better ..

your tv will do sd a little better than mine imo , so even though its 50in , i reckon you will be just about ok from 2.5m , i guess its up to you to judge that , but i doubt you would want to be closer than that , and i personally think that 3 metres would be better really..

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers Maximus
emotion-21.gif
, that's just the kind of thing i wanted to hear, this is a big jump for me.

I mean my stand has a weight limit of 100KG or something like that, but it has a recommended 43inch screen size but tvs have changed alot and are now alot lighter and slimmer so i think it's fine.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss:I'm sitting about 3m away from mine. Your eyes will get used to the distance after a few days.

emotion-11.gif
thanks, after all, it can't be any worse than watching a 3D screen
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

jase fox:9 foot away Gel...

Cheers Jase, that's quite close, how many metres is that?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:2.7432m....
emotion-15.gif

Not as close as i thought then, i was going for about 2.2m.

A

Anonymous

Just got Panasonic 50V20 last Saturday, upgraded from Pana 42" HD ready PH-V500. We sit between 3 - 4 metres away btw. Initially the quality of SD content (scart from set top box) was a big change, much softer Obviously its a bigger tv and a higher resolution so I was a bit worried. I dunno if it's that I'm used to it now a week later or that the plasma has just run in more (if that even matters anymore - but that's another days posting) but the quality is much improved imo. Seems less soft and much more watchable. Same with dvds. Blurays are obviously fantastic!

A

Anonymous

i refer the honourable geltleman back to my first post on this thread
emotion-15.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

markdemasterful:

Just got Panasonic 50V20 last Saturday, upgraded from Pana 42" HD ready PH-V500. We sit between 3 - 4 metres away btw. Initially the quality of SD content (scart from set top box) was a big change, much softer Obviously its a bigger tv and a higher resolution so I was a bit worried. I dunno if it's that I'm used to it now a week later or that the plasma has just run in more (if that even matters anymore - but that's another days posting) but the quality is much improved imo. Seems less soft and much more watchable. Same with dvds. Blurays are obviously fantastic!

Thanks for that
emotion-21.gif
glad you are enjoying it.

So i guess SD looks better on smaller screens then, is that what everyone is saying?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:

i refer the honourable geltleman back to my first post on this thread
emotion-15.gif

Max, i am started to think you are never wrong mate
emotion-5.gif
emotion-21.gif

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Max, i am started to think you are never wrong mate....

emotion-3.gif
...............i think its time for my dinner
emotion-58.gif

emotion-5.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

You do realise i was saying you are giving me good advice all the time Max?

I think you do
emotion-21.gif
just checking know
emotion-2.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel:What do you think about 2.5m from a 50inch?

Nothing, absolutely nothing at all and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, try it for yourself and see what YOU think. Honestly you'd call for referendum to tell you what to have for breakfast...

D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:gel:What do you think about 2.5m from a 50inch? Nothing, absolutely nothing at all and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, try it for yourself and see what YOU think. Honestly you'd call for referendum to tell you what to have for breakfast...

emotion-11.gif

It's funny though you should mention the breakfast thing though because i nearly asked on the class and television thread, did what you have for breakfast represent what class you are
emotion-1.gif

Cheers

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss:

gel: So i guess SD looks better on smaller screens then, is that what everyone is saying?

Yes. Bigger the screen is, more the picture has to stretch to fit in it, resulting is some loss of quality.

Cheers Bigboss, i never knew that
emotion-21.gif
would the SD picture be better on the 42V then for me than the 50V?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

not really gel , if you sit far enough away from the 50in set the sd should be fine , and hd will be glorious
emotion-19.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

daveh75:A TV of that calibre should be fed a strict diet of HD anyway!!!

emotion-11.gif
thanks
emotion-21.gif

maxflinn:not really gel , if you sit far enough away from the 50in set the sd should be fine , and hd will be glorious
emotion-19.gif

Yes, but at 2.5m distance, most of the poorer SD channels will look better on a 42-inch screen, & even a 720p screen.

It's just a matter of getting used to the softer SD picture in the 50-inch TV. As daveh75 correctly pointed out, TVs of this calibre should be fed predominantly on an HD diet!

A

Anonymous

bigboss:
maxflinn:not really gel , if you sit far enough away from the 50in set the sd should be fine , and hd will be glorious
emotion-19.gif

Yes, but at 2.5m distance, most of the poorer SD channels will look better on a 42-inch screen, & even a 720p screen.

It's just a matter of getting used to the softer SD picture in the 50-inch TV. As daveh75 correctly pointed out, TVs of this calibre should be fed predominantly on an HD diet!
im sure the tv will love its hd diet too , i have a feeling it may become a bit bored with toy story 2 though
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS