Cables for Dali Ikon 6 and Roksan Kandy K2 amp

PaulShaw01

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, I'm just about to buy the Roksan Kandy K2 amp, to partner with a Marantz CD6002 and Dali Ikon 6 fronts!

I know the Marantz is not up to the job, but will have to do for the time being until I find more cash.

So, can you recommend the interconnects and speaker cables for the set-up?

I was thinking ..............

Either QED Revelation or Chord Carnival Silverscreen.

For the interconnects, I was thinking about the Atlas Equator superior (as it should add weight to the BASS??).

I want to buy the right gear so I don't need to upgrade later, when I eventually get a new CD player.

Your thoughts??

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, the QED revelation will remove the bass you desire, I have just sold this cable and will be buying the Van Damme 2x6.0mm UP LCOFC Hi-Fi Speaker Cable as recommended by PMC.

In the interim, I am now using Chord carnival silverscreen and the difference between this and the revelation is night and day. The bass is far more extended with a great deal more punch.

If you want bass, I would stay well clear of silver cables (IMHO).

Good luck in you quest.

PaulShaw01

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks guys......will go with the Chord carinval silverscreen for now.

Can you advise any interconnects in the GBP 80 / GBP 100? I looked at the Chord Chameleon's, and they're about GBP 125.

Paul

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I am using Chord Crimson (0.5m) between DAC and amp and it is fine. Makes a good firm connection and conducts well.

I also used to use a Chord Crimson RCA -> 5 Pin DIN between an old Denon tuner and the amp but found it a little too bassy in that instance. I switched to a 'new old stock' Chord Chrysalis instead and it was far better with voices and had more presence. (Now using Naim's own brand 5 pin - 5 pin that came with my tuner).

Never detected the 'too bassy' problem using Crimson with the DAC though.

Might be worth you hunting down some old Chrysalis RCA cable on ebay or (like I did) 'new old stock' from Audio-T. Cheap enough to try out (£29 for 1m) and no problem to sell if you don't like it.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
PaulShaw01@hotmail.com:
Can you advise any interconnects in the GBP 80 / GBP 100? I looked at the Chord Chameleon's, and they're about GBP 125.

Paul

If you`re patient the Chamelons can had for about half that from ebay,got mine for about £60

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
PaulShaw01@hotmail.com:

Paul

If you`re patient the Chamelons can had for about half that from ebay,got mine for about £60