Cable upgrades.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I am looking at mains upgrades for my Playstation 3 and Yamaha RX-V1700. Ive decided to gert the Lindy/Tacima conditioning block as a atarting point, unless there are others I should be looking at? After that I haven't a clue, as I have never bought a mains cable. Suggestions and recommendations anyone?

A

Anonymous

I tried the Clearer Audio Copper Line (not the Alpha) and the Silver Line - I kept the Silver Line as this gave the biggest improvements on CD player and amp.

I have since tried the Copper Line Alpha on my plasma TV but couldn't see or hear any difference - so sent the cable back.

I dont think there is a universal answer to this - some people see / hear a benefit while others dont and think its hogwash. A lot may depend on the "quality" of your electricity supply.

If you are interested I would try those that offer a 60 day free trial and see for yourself.

The Tacima is a good starting point as it gives surge protection.

A

Anonymous

The Tacima is a great buy, you can get others obviously but they are very expensive than paying £30 for the Tacima. For example, i have the Tacima for conditioning my other bits including my subwoofer but for the main items like my TV, Blu Ray, Home Cinema etc i have a Russ Andrews mains block but that would set you back Over £200 including a mains cable which it does not come with, there is big differences in quality but its all about how much you want to spend to be honest.

As for main's cable's from the product itself, ive gone for the Clearer Audio Copper Line for the Blu Ray and the Clearer Audio Copper Line Alpha my subwoofer, i found these effective and the picture excellent on the blu ray, i went for the Alpha version for the subwoofer as i wanted cleaner sound coming into the sub.

I hope this helps :)

A

Anonymous

I would recommend you get a Russ Andrews Yello extension block, and Yello mains cables (approx £30 each on eBay). These are no longer made, but are a very reasonable way to get into mains products. Since my first Russ Andrews purchase (Yello cables) I haven't looked back :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts