Cable Nightmare

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, having a mare trying to work out which cable to put where on both my HiFi set-up and my AV setup. In a nutshell I have the following cables - Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Jaguar, Audioquest Cheetah, Chord Cobra 3, Chord Chameleon, VDH The Name, QED Silver Spiral, and potentially may buy the Audioqest Lapis X3. My connections are Marantz SA15S1 - Trivista DAC - MF A5 Int - MFA5 Power. Also Marantz SA15S1 direct to the A5 Int. Using the cables I have what would you use for each connection? I dont have the digital Co-Axial yet but was looking at the Chord Signature, good choice or not? My other system is connecting a Denon 4308 front three speakers preouts to my Arcam FMJP7, and then connecting the Out to the In of 6 channels to enable BiAmping the front 3 speakers (MA GS20 and GSLCR). Again which cables would work best? Quite a complex task but appreciate your advice :)

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Yes true but I did laugh out loud to that reply. It's still funny now. :eek:)

Can you advise him then? I'm hopeless with cables.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Evotim"]Hi, having a mare trying to work out which cable to put where on both my HiFi set-up and my AV setup. In a nutshell I have the following cables - Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Jaguar, Audioquest Cheetah, Chord Cobra 3, Chord Chameleon, VDH The Name, QED Silver Spiral, and potentially may buy the Audioqest Lapis X3. My connections are Marantz SA15S1 - Trivista DAC - MF A5 Int - MFA5 Power. Also Marantz SA15S1 direct to the A5 Int. Using the cables I have what would you use for each connection? I dont have the digital Co-Axial yet but was looking at the Chord Signature, good choice or not?
My other system is connecting a Denon 4308 front three speakers preouts to my Arcam FMJP7, and then connecting the Out to the In of 6 channels to enable BiAmping the front 3 speakers (MA GS20 and GSLCR). Again which cables would work best?
Quite a complex task but appreciate your advice :)[/quote]

OK, here goes. (This is how Eddie Izzard would see your nightmare.) The emerald is eaten by one of the cobras so that should be left to chew over. In the three 'Lapis' race the cheetah is much faster than the jaguar, chameleon and the other two cobras, but was blinded in the race by the long silver spiral.... :eek:)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gpi"][quote user="Evotim"]Hi, having a mare trying to work out which cable to put where on both my HiFi set-up and my AV setup. In a nutshell I have the following cables - Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Jaguar, Audioquest Cheetah, Chord Cobra 3, Chord Chameleon, VDH The Name, QED Silver Spiral, and potentially may buy the Audioqest Lapis X3. My connections are Marantz SA15S1 - Trivista DAC - MF A5 Int - MFA5 Power. Also Marantz SA15S1 direct to the A5 Int. Using the cables I have what would you use for each connection? I dont have the digital Co-Axial yet but was looking at the Chord Signature, good choice or not?
My other system is connecting a Denon 4308 front three speakers preouts to my Arcam FMJP7, and then connecting the Out to the In of 6 channels to enable BiAmping the front 3 speakers (MA GS20 and GSLCR). Again which cables would work best?
Quite a complex task but appreciate your advice :)[/quote]

OK, here goes. (This is how Eddie Izzard would see your nightmare.) The emerald is eaten by one of the cobras so that should be left to chew over. In the three 'Lapis' race the cheetah is much faster than the jaguar, chameleon and the other two cobras, but was blinded in the race by the long silver spiral.... :eek:)[/quote]

emotion-2.gif

Or IOW suck it and see. Once you get to decent quality cables any differences are likely to be minimal anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts