Cable For Kef 3005SE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone, not sure if I've chosen the right area to post this but I purchased a Kef 3005SE speaker set on the weekend and plan on buying the corresponding Floor Stands to put the speakers on. I was originally planning on getting the QED silver anniversary speaker wire or Chord Carnival Silverscreen but am worried that they might be too thick to fit inside the stand.

So basically, can anyone recommend a good cable that will fit inside the Kef stands? What maximum diameter can these stands accommodate?

Thanks,
Dave

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
I have the exact sameset up and I ran QED Silver Anniversary no probs
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the response. Is that the QED Silver anniversary or XT version?

Thanks,
Dave

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
VDC blue is fine and better to work with than the QED SA. Alternatively what about this? Plenty of copper and good value if you need long lengths.

A

Anonymous

I bought it with the Denon 2809 in the end after I was offered a good deal on it. I can't wait to set it all up, just the stands and cabling to get. Was set up relatively easy with your Denon? Also, with your Qed cable, did you use it bare wire? Is it easy to shape about skirting boards?

A

Anonymous

How do you find the Micro? I'm considering getting that for the rears as well.

A

Anonymous

I struggle to tell the difference between the two with these speakers specially, as it was for the rears i needed 20m so the £1.20 saving per/m over the XT made a difference, to my pocket. Its a high quality cable thats for sure.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Denon really simple to set up, just hook it all up and plug in mic, then follow on screen instructions, good to go in less than five.

I have banana plugs on my reciever end and tin dipped wire on the speaker end (about 1") rest all shielded. Dead easy to work, if troublesome just tack with cable clamps (if you have the space). I run mine in the expansion gap at the edge of laminate, hidden by the quadrant beading.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the responses guys. I've now ordered Some QED SA and can't wait to set it all up. :)

TRENDING THREADS