Cable for Airport Express to High End DAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, whats the best quality cable to get as a link between my Airport Express & Musical Fidelity KW DAC. Apple sell the Monster digital cable, but I was wondering if there are many other options available, and if they make a difference to the sound quality?

EDIT: I just spoke with Chord & they have confirmed that they make one as well now.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
In short, any glass optical cable will give the best performance. I've got mine from e-bay, cost 30 pounds. Just search for "glass optical fibre cable".

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I use a cheap Maplins optical to connect my AE to an expensive DAC, and it sounds great. At the very least it equals most things my CD player - connected with a £200 Chord Digital Signature cable - plays.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I use both a well made pof -plastic optical fibre- toslink and a glass toslink with a toslink mini adapter. To my ears the difference is that the same tune played through the glass toslink sounds a bit clearer, punchier. It's not a big difference, but to me it's worthwhile. I'm quite sure it will be noticeable on a high quality dac. Anyway, you won't lose much on buying both (like I did) and compare.

A

Anonymous

Excellent, thanks for all your help guys. I hope this helps others too

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts