CA 650 Realibility

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey, 

I have just heard from a hifi vendor that there are a huge problem with the Reliability of the CA 650. He even said the 8/10 of his amplifier where deffective..

Any news on the subject. Have you heard the same?

thanks, 

A

Anonymous

Hmmh, I'm not so sure about this one. If this is even remotely the case, then that would be really sad. This amp sounds exceptionally good/clean for the price.

I've seen defective CDP counterparts (550C and 650C) on the other hand, emitting a very mild buzzing noise through the outputs (you can hear it when you pause playback and raise the volume).

A

Anonymous

From my sample size of one, I had no problems with it. I also kept an eye out for threads about the 650A on various web forums (fora?) like you do when you own a product, and I never saw anything about problems with reliability.

You would imagine if 8/10 were defective the web would be full of it as there is nothing we all enjoy more than a product witch hunt.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, perhaps you should not take this seriously, after all, if you read the other forum post "cheeky sales rep," you will understand my assumption that not all heard should be classed as competant information.

Cambridge audio would be out of business if they were producing 8/10 defective units.

Be wary of rogue reps, they give the good majority a bad name, and there are alot of very good hifi vendors out there
emotion-39.gif

A

Anonymous

650A + C been running perfectly for over 6 months - based on the 640 and I don't think there were any problems with that range either!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts