CA 640A V2 Volume change...Any thoughts/advice please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The volume control on my CA 640A now has to be moved from zero to plus 25% before audible sound starts. Unless my ears deceive me it also seems to be lacking grunt compared to the way it used to be. :?

It is about 3 years old but when a few months old I had to return it to have an imbalance of sound at low volume corrected.

Any idea what the cause is and if it is worth repairing?

A

Anonymous

Any 640A owners out there who have experienced similar problems?...Plastic P or Black Dawn...anyone with any technical knowledge? Thanks.

Nooby said:
Any 640A owners out there who have experienced similar problems?...Plastic P or Black Dawn...anyone with any technical knowledge? Thanks.

Never owned one, but a mate does. Also there was a spate of disgruntled owners complaining about a similar thing. If you go below a certain mark on the volume the sound is more prominent in one channel. Most amps suffer this to some degree.

However, if you think it's lost some zip perhaps Richer Sounds could give it a 'once over'.

EDIT - Have a look at this http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/cambridge-azure-540a-balance-problems and the third post.

A

Anonymous

Thanks PP. Yep my amp had the imbalance problem at low volume and it was corrected under warranty. It has worked perfectly for the last couple of years.

The low volume thing as re-emerged differently.....There is now near silence for the first quarter movement on the volume control...... really weird.... and when it does pick up it doesn't seem quite "right".

Any other 640A / Azur owners experienced this specific problem?

TRENDING THREADS