CA 540A Sound Diffrence?.

PLuKE

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
I just bought my new CA 540A amp about 3-4 weeks ago, And am really enjoying it. But to me it sounds alittle diffrent, There seems to be alittle more bass coming thought, And the midrange has become softer. Now is there any truth in this?. Do amps sound diffrent after some run in time?. > Thanks > Luke

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I'm sure that I've mentioned this somewhere else on these forums, but I can't find it. My friend and I both have Linn electronics and we both find that if we have had to disconnect them for any reason the sound improves during a period of between a week and a month after they have been switched back on.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="PLuKE"]I just bought my new CA 540A amp about 3-4 weeks ago, And am really enjoying it. But to me it sounds alittle diffrent, There seems to be alittle more bass coming thought, And the midrange has become softer. Now is there any truth in this?. Do amps sound diffrent after some run in time?.[/quote]

Most people would probably agree (note severe hedging) that amps and indeed other equipment will improve after some run in. Additionally, there may simply be some "improvement" as you get used to the sound of the new equipment, a phenomenon that even some manufacturers make plain in their literature (e.g. B&W speakers)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="PLuKE"]
I just bought my new CA 540A amp about 3-4 weeks ago, And am really enjoying it. But to me it sounds alittle diffrent, There seems to be alittle more bass coming thought, And the midrange has become softer. Now is there any truth in this?. Do amps sound diffrent after some run in time?. > Thanks > Luke
[/quote]

Here we go again. My favourite subject ... Yawn. Still ...

Its rubbish. Amplifiers, CD players and cables DONT require any 'burning in/bedding in' or whatever you want to call it unlike loudspeakers. They do not improve after an initial warm up to stabilize circuits and in case of cables its usually a few sharks that want to cash in by supplying the things 'pre-burnt-in' for a little extra like thirty quid or so, nice.

Its not unusual in case of amplifiers for output transistor distortion to actually rise when warming up. Now I sometimes find that I like a bit of distortion but that manifest itself over a short period of time not days/weeks or years (Hello again darren, chairman of clearaudio).

What you are hearing is your hearing becoming accustomed to a change in your system. Psycho-acoustics. Thats all. Enjoy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts