C326BEE VS Marantz 6004

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

It sounds to me like the Rotel is the right amp for you, but you are going to have to accept that your speakers are never going to sound anything like their potential until you are able to place them on proper stands.

Maybe as a workaround it would be worth experimenting with some plinths to put underneath the speakers (on top of your units). Buy a couple of granite chopping boards from the supermarket. Split some squash balls in half and use them as supports for the granite board. Then place the speakers on top. Bit of a DIY solution but it should help to isolate the speakers a little and reduce some of the bass resonance.

The other thing I would do with the speakers so close to the rear wall, is to plug the rear bass ports. Try the full foam plug that Dynaudio supply first. If that has too strong an effect try bundled drinking straws. This should also help to calm the bass down.

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano said:
iaudio87 said:
What about the Ra1520

Now you are talking. Well worth a try. Bearing in mind your comments earlier about brightness I would still highly recommend trying the NAD C356BEE though.

Are rotels know to be bright then? I did not hear that when listening to the RA1520. I forgot to metion that i have a REL Stampede Sub. But how about the punch on the rotel, is it bigger than the punch on NAD?

A

Anonymous

Needless to say i bought the Rotel. I'm very happy with the sound but with the following artists i experience sibilance, an issue wich i did not hear with my previous home demo.

Counting Crows (Hard Candy and August And Everything After)

Live (Awakening the best of live)

Queen (Queen II)
Brian May Another World

Allanis moresette - Best Of

So same system, same cables (chopper) also the overblown bass has dissapeared. What is happening????

A

Anonymous

Glad you're enjoying it; it's a superb amp
smiley-cool.gif

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess it will depend on your source whether it sounds sibilant. Also if the system is new give it quite a long while to break in and sound its best. You can do a test by either using headphones or different speakers if you have spares. Compact discs can sound a little harsh compared to analogue. Can you remind us of your entire system now, how are you getting on with speaker placement?

A

Anonymous

My (new) hifi system:

Rotel RA1520

Dynaudio Excite X12

Arcam RDAC

A

Anonymous

My (new) hifi system:

Rotel RA1520

Dynaudio Excite X12

Arcam RDAC

I just put some spikes under my speakers and it sounds alot better now, the sibilance is also appearing with other sources, but its not so present as with the rotel

A

Anonymous

Marantz Pm 6004 ? No, thanks - I like music not noise! Not dynamic, not clear sound... forget it. :exmark:

The NAD is much better, the 1000 dolla'question is - what is better than the NAD?

Well this is what I have to figure out! :wall:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts