C´moooooooon, help me out?

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Had both NAD and Marantz sources but never used them for amplification. Most however seem to favour the NAD over Marantz.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/nad-or-marantz

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
HI

Yes it will mate the marantz is a great amp but the NAD will produce more punch for you buck.... NAD amps are always leaning towards the bass end of sonic performance..

NAD amps have what we call an in house sound, they have a NAD sound to them... NAD amps use BIG Torodial transformers for the power supply which they build in house... the produce power well above their rated figures and can produce great sonics . the way the present the Attack and decay of music is fast punchy and with great timing...

You have to match them wisely as some times a NAD amp can be overwhelming in the bass area

Hope this helps

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
you dont need a sub in a stereo hi-fi set up trust me will wreck the sound a nad amp will be plenty but no set up should need a sub just ruin sound be like a boy racer with bass booming in car keep it hi-fi

ReValveiT

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
The OP isn't looking for more bass, I'm pretty sure he's talking about this amps' uncanny ability to make drummers sound like they're hitting their drums with a dry sponge, whilst being more interested in reading knitting weekly.

It's something WHF completely missed in their review. But then this year is Marantz' 'turn'...

:)

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Ezactly, i dont want more bass. I want more fast in your face punchy sound. Musicwise im using airplay, and optical cable from apple tv to the marantz amp, audioquest flx slip cable.. Should i go for the nad???

gasolin

Is it a more dry, hard sound like a bass/midtbass from a pa system or is it more like big jbl's with 12" woofer, punch you wan't?

Whathifi say bass performance a touch too subtle (shure the dali's can give you the sound you want?)

http://www.whathifi.com/review/dali-ikon-2

Are you connecting then bi wired?

gasolin

Chr78 said:
Ezactly, i dont want more bass. I want more fast in your face punchy sound. Musicwise im using airplay, and optical cable from apple tv to the marantz amp, audioquest flx slip cable.. Should i go for the nad???

Can't you find a place where you can take one home a and try it?

Chr78 said:

IME Nads are bass-heavy but not necessarily punchier. If you can hold on a bit longer then track down a s/hand or ex-dem Creek Evo2 (Seen them sold for about £350). That is a very punchy little amp without ear abuse.

Where did you buy the Marantz?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Move on both amp and speakers and get these, problem solved.

67154_Hr1.jpg

Less than £400 a pair though you might want to get a dac to go with your AEX.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Or this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b2XYZ-YQEM

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.........!

They remain the love of my life.

As related a month or two back I came very close to owning a pair, but let them go........ :cry:

Unlike in the video, I had a 'proper' recorder at that time, a Studer B67. Power amps would have been BGW750s, one per speaker.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Oooo we had one of those in the studio I trained in, donkey's years ago. They used to master on it. So I'm pretty sure it was a two-channel half-track machine (ie it used the full width of the tape in one direction).

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Yup, thats the one. Even had the same mounting (console).

There was a hi-fi version, with a built in pre-amp, of sorts, even had a phono stage i think, called the A700.

The B67 used the same transport but with pro grade balanced in and out.

Very nice, and easy to use, set up was a doddle....... ;)

Though at the time what I really wanted was this.......

496924395_503323817d.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts