bx2 performance with 50 w amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi was wondering about how much the performance - volume would be affected if I use a 50 w amp (fatman carbon 2 valve amp) with the bx2 s (100w) Would it be literally halved in terms of volume at full volume on the amp leaving another 50w un-used. Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question but not really sure about these things. Thanks

Adam

matthewpiano

100w is purely a rating of how much power the BX2s can take. In reality you'll never put that much through them and you won't even put 50w through them. The important thing is that the BX2s are an easy and sensitive load so your amp won't have any trouble driving them.

A

Anonymous

Ok cool. I only ask as have looked about a bit and all reviews say best to match 100w amp to 100w speakers. This is good news though as the fatman 2 has got good reviews and should add some good warmth to them. Thanks Matthew.

A

Anonymous

Also if anyone has a better idea than the fatman 2 as an amp (bearing in mind it has an i pod connection built in) i'm all ears . no pun intended. (will spend up to £200) Thanks guys.

Adam

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts