Buying new sky box.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I keep reading about people buying new SKY HD boxes, 'better' ones. Mine seems to work fine but IF I wanted to buy a better one is it as simple as just swapping boxes myself and sticking my new card in or what? Do I have to buy from sky??

Charlotte

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
CharlotteB:I keep reading about people buying new SKY HD boxes, 'better' ones. Mine seems to work fine but IF I wanted to buy a better one is it as simple as just swapping boxes myself and sticking my new card in or what? Do I have to buy from sky??

Charlotte

Yes, it's that simple and no, you don't have to buy from Sky. I took Sky up on their offer last year of new HD boxes for £75. The offer was specifically for new customers but they did it for me. I got a new box which has coaxial (into my DAC for radio duty) and optical (into my receiver for 5.1) inputs rather than just optical and I sold my old one for £120 on ebay!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for this Gerrardasnails.

My current box is a Thompson and 17 months old. Nevr had any real problems with it, just the odd reboot. But might get a second to see how pic compares and then i will always have a spare...football season approaches :))

Thanks again

Charlotte

A

Anonymous

mmm...this is interesting! Does this mean you can buy a sky hd box from sky for £49, and fit it yourself? I'm looking to replace my current sky+ box for an hd one, but don't want to pay the £30 installation fee!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts