Buying New Headphones. Suggestions?

drjm1985

Aug 3, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I am looking to purchase a new set of headphones, but I'm not sure which to get.

My current set are Sennheiser HD 212Pro.

I've had them for ages, but they are starting to degrade.

I'm using JB Hi-Fi as the model for what I can get, and they have the following:

1. Sennheiser Urbanite XL Over Ear Headphones

2. Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 On-Ear Headphones

3. Sennheiser PXC480 Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones

4. Sennheiser HD 2.30I On-Ear Headphones for iOS

5. Sennheiser HD 400S Over-Ear Wired Headphones

6. Sennheiser HD 300 Over-Ear Wired Headphones

7. Sennheiser HD 100 On-Ear Wired Headphones

I just did a quick filter to eliminate all the wireless types.

The new headphones will be connected to my laptop, and the wired
type.

I'm just looking for something to match or better than what I've got, and this will be the only purpose they will serve.

john gaudoin

Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
I love the detailed sound that Sennheisser produce. Similar to yourself I had an old pair of Sennheisers (HD202) which was all I could afford at the time, but upgraded to the Momentum 2s a few years back. Miles better and I prefer them to the more expensive Sony WH1000 XM3s that get great reviews. It may be because I have degraded hearing in one ear (not caused by music but an operational hazard from the military).

I have a separate pair of AKG N60 NCs for wireless use which I use when doing stuff around the house which are fine but have never been disappointed by my Sennheisers..

As with most things much depends on your listening preferences and budget, so suggest you try a few sets first. I would think your retailer should be able to disinfect the head sets with antiseptic wipes after you try them. If you take your laptop, you can check the sound you get from the source you intend using.

The only thing other thing I would recommend is buying a spare (good quality) cable. I was a bit concerned that the wire cable supplied would not last. Not regretted the decision.

Reactions: Friesiansam
D

Deleted member 188533

The HD6XX from Massdrop ( Drop ) is a $220 HD650. That leaves you $100 for a headphone amp. One of the best values in the headphone world.

The HD600 which I like better than the 650 ( 6XX ) can also be found in the $275 range although prices are inflated right now due to the virus.

TRENDING THREADS