Buying expensive records for an investment

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Much like my first ever piece of black vinyl also purchased in Woolworths, this being Pink Floyd's 'Relics' which I still own....
I really am going to have to sort through and market some of my collection....... :cool:
I really do wonder about some people that will buy vinyl that has previously been used for this sort of money, however I suppose if it was still sealed the inner liner would have completely disintegrated by now and trashed the vinyl anyway.
Meanwhile I am off to see if it ever came out on SACD.... :)
You could be sitting on a small fortune.....
I have a load of vinyl myself and some first pressings of some of the black sabbath albums which I might sell on eBay but still thinking about it as I have had them most of my life .

Reactions: Al ears
You could be sitting on a small fortune.....
I have a load of vinyl myself and some first pressings of some of the black sabbath albums which I might sell on eBay but still thinking about it as I have had them most of my life .
Most of the first pressings I own have been played to death, the reason they were purchased in the first place, so I doubt they are of any value to anyone else right now.
I am not one to buy vinyl so that it can be hung in a frame.....

Reactions: myrrhman

myrrhman

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
I've been looking at Discogs recently to satisfy my crate-digging lust during lockdown, and was amazed by the price of limited edition LPs by some of the more obscure 90s bands I like, such as Mazzy Star and Seam. I prefer the vinyl sound, so was looking to buy LPs by bands I only have on low res MP3s or listen to on Tidal. I'm also thinking some of the stuff I've bought over the last few years, which just happened to be 'limited edition yellow vinyl' or whatever, might be starting to appreciate in value - but really I bought them to listen to, not wrap up in cotton wool to pass on to my kids who are quite happy with low res Spotify streams...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts