Buying Denon Ceol Piccolo or Denon M40 + Chromecast?

Hi,

I am looking for a budget hi-fi systems with wi-fi connectivity. After some search I am two considering two options:

1) Denon Ceol Piccolo

2) Denon DM40DAB + Chromecast Audio

My concerns:

I have read in some reviews that the connectivity of the Denon Ceol Piccolo is not very good and I am also concerned about the range of applications and formats that it is possible to stream via wi-fi. Hence, I was considering the second option (Denon DM40DAB +Chromecast Audio), based on the reviews DM40 provides better audio output. However I am not sure about what would be the outcome when connected to a Chromecast Audio.

Therefore, I would kindly like to hear your expert opinion regarding these two options:

Which one will offer more connectivity and audio options?

What option would give better audio quality?

Thanks a lot,

Julian

Cynic-al

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Denon Ceol will give a better audio performance. I have Denon Ceol and recently upgraded to Roksan Kandy K2bt. That Denon punches above its weight let me tell you.

Cynic-al

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Julian, thank you. I still use my Denon to stream direct from my PC and it does so perfectly. The Android Denon app is a bit clunky on music player but works well on iOS.

Works brilliantly with AirPlay and Bluetooth.

planetgaffnet

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I've been running a pair of Ceol Piccolos over a wired network for a couple of years. When they works, they work great, but a lot of the time they don't work at all. The app is useless, so much so that it's been a case of formulating workarounds (different apps etc.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts