Buying Advice???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys!!

OK I thought I'd throw this one open to the experts and the not so experts!! I'm pretty new to all this but have just bought a new house and decided to treat myself to a decent HiFi/ Home Cinema system, and am looking for some general opinions/buying advice.

The system I am looking for will be to play both music and be used for cinema surround so I would like something that handles both equally (from what I read anything that handles music should do cinema but not also the other way round??)

Anyway I started looking and was going to go for a Bose system, however on a little more investigation found the general opinion is that I will not get the best quality sound for my money.

So I thought I'd ask around for ideas below is my criteria any thoughts/advice would be very much appreciated

1) System that I can link to my TV/Computer/Blue ray/CD

2) Size is unimportant sound quality come first

3) If required can make muti room

4) Can Handle music + films

5) I would like to do away with too many boxes and just have one ie the amp that everything else is linked to

6) Budget?? Well not too stupid but I had my eye on the Bose v30 so around £2000 but I love a saving!!! Although if it blows me away the kids can live on beans for a month or 2!!

Oh and finally if I have a centre speaker it really needs to be mounted on the wall below my TV as the TV is above the fire and most centre speakers I've looked at so far seem a little big.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

John

SteveR750

At the risk of sounding unhelpful (which might be more helpful than receiving no replies at all!) since this is a pretty open question, then te best way is to buy a few magazines, browse the net for reviews of gear i.e. narrw donw your choices, having decided what you really want the system to do / where it has to fit etc etc etc. As it is your question can only be answered in the pages of several months of magazines like what hi fi.....a good start is the buyers guide in this very magazine, and it will only cost you what a fiver?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts