Burson Audio Buffer

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Local brand here in Australia, thinking about adding one to help my NAD545bee sing some more, have a friend in another state has one and loves it, read reviews and seems postive, on the off chance anyone on the forum has any experience with it? I hear MF used to sell a similar product? Any thoughts? Seems a fairly cheap way to try maximise the performance without spending more than twice the price on a better cd player. Loving the new Leema Pulse, but you know what this is all about loving it then trying to love it even more! he he

A

Anonymous

Yes, I used to have the MF one. Makes more difference between some mismatched equipment, but still made a worthwhile difference between (presumably already matched) MF components. I think MF incorporated the buffer into some of their amps as standard, not sure tho.

ABM78 said:
Local brand here in Australia, thinking about adding one to help my NAD545bee sing some more, have a friend in another state has one and loves it, read reviews and seems postive, on the off chance anyone on the forum has any experience with it? I hear MF used to sell a similar product? Any thoughts? Seems a fairly cheap way to try maximise the performance without spending more than twice the price on a better cd player. Loving the new Leema Pulse, but you know what this is all about loving it then trying to love it even more! he he

No idea about 'Audio Buffers'. How much do they cost? might be worthwhile going for a s/hand CDP, such as Arcam 192. Leema and Arcam are a cracking match....

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks PeteAllen for the feedback, PP the Burson Audio Buffer is about equivalent 320 pound here, while this might not sound like a relatively inexpensive upgrade, if I were to look at such a player as a Rega Apollo as an upgrade I am looking at over 1200 pound delivered to the Northern Territoy from southern Australia somewhere! The second hand market here is just nothing like what you guys have there, just did a google of Arcam, no results locally. If interested with the Audio buffer do a google and check out their site, they deliver internationally, I just don't think I can go out and spend that money on a new CD player, if I were to spend the money it would be upgrading to Dynaudio focus range.

A

Anonymous

I have the Burson HA-160D already and it is very good. If their standalone dac is better than the dac section of the HA-160D, then it is well worthwhile upgrade to your NAD (keep it and use it as a transport. The HA-160D has a really good preamp built in too, however the volume control is a pain.

A

Anonymous

peteAllen said:
I have the Burson HA-160D already and it is very good. If their standalone dac is better than the dac section of the HA-160D, then it is well worthwhile upgrade to your NAD (keep it and use it as a transport. The HA-160D has a really good preamp built in too, however the volume control is a pain.

why is the volume control a pain?

A

Anonymous

eddiegridpipe said:
why is the volume control a pain?

Because, as a (better quality) alternative to ALPS etc style volume controls, they have lots of discrete positions with separate resistors for each volume setting. Between a few of these volume points, I get loud clicks on one or both channels. Actually I can get around this by doing it slowly, then it is a smaller click. There is no remote.

I checked with Burson, they say the HA-160D has the same audio buffer on the preamp inputs.

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Picked up one of these for $250AUD, really has opened up the sound, bass has far more heft and definition without going flabby, definitely a worth while addition to a system I was already happy with. Reccomended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts