Burn in period fro yamaha as500

audipheonix

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
What would be burn in period for yamaha as500?

I have connected it with kef Q100 but it does not shine in rock music . very less detail, muffled sound . does it due to burn in period. What would be the ideal volume for burn in?

Or the problem lies elsewhere?

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Make that 30-40 minutes tops.

Is everything connected properly? Do you have headphones so you can check the souns isn't the speakers? Also, that source may not be the greatest.

A

Anonymous

I dont where you get this idea of burn in time from but I am an electronics engineer I can say for certainty that a well designed electronic cicuit and the components within will reach their electrical operating point within a few seconds and this includes decent amplifiers. If it meets its technical specification the amp will sound the same from the moment you switch it on.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There's no such thing as burn in on electronics but some amplifiers do require a warm up period of 20-30 minutes. Others take less than 5 minutes it just depends on the circuit design.

A

Anonymous

I am afraid you dont know what you are talking about, good amplifiers have temperature compensations circuits built in that maintain the operating points of the semiconductors to within a tight band so the whole amplifier circuit stays within its operating parameters over a broad range of temperatures.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps your DVD player is the problem, if the one that's used with music. And perhaps compression is too, if you were streaming with the dock station or listening to a MP3 cd... If not, then I would check where my power comes from... do you use some powerbar that helps steadying the current, or directly plug in the wall... and if so, is the same breaker you're plugged on already in use with a lot of other devices?

There's no burning-in with electronics. Perhaps warming up with some of them, but the very idea of burning electronics in is ridiculous. Burning-in relates to a mechanical process.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts