Budget Turntable ?

A

Anonymous

Hi Steven

The RP1 is certainly the best out of the three in my opinion. I recently had the same three choices and chose the RP1 over the other two. It is a great little deck and sounds fantastic.

Garry

A

Anonymous

Frankly if you can add £100 to the budget I'd go for the Rega P3 , which is much better than the options you mention. You'd neet to add another £20 or so for a decent cartridge, such as the AT95E.

Failing that, I'd vote for the Rega RP1.

A

Anonymous

To be honest I think you will struggle to find an P3 for £100 more. You will also need to allow a budget for a decent cartridge.

If this is your first turntable the RP1 is more than adequate. I only use my turntable 30% of the time so I could not justify a higher outlay when purchasing.

I am however, going to have the performance pack fitted next year as a small upgrade.

Hope this helps

Garry

A

Anonymous

I would recommend the Rega RP1. It is very well engineered and built. The arm can be fitted, at a later date, with much better cartridges for improved sound qaulity.

Rookwood16

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have an opinion on the project debut 3 as another possible alternative? how does it compare to the alternatives previously listed?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts