Budget System

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I'm looking for a good system at a budget price, i want style & a smooth sound. It has been 12 years since i bought a CD player last, i will be looking to wall mount speakers and have my new player sitting on a shelve. I would prefer to buy a system for under £500.My original thought was to buy the Marantz CD6005 & the Q Acoustics 2020i speakers, This would leave me tight for cash to buy a decent Hi-fi amplifier. I'm more a TV & movie guy so really looking for some recommendations it would be a great help!

:?

peterpiper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
another +1 for the marantz. got one of these for a second system upstairs in the study, running some tannoy speakers, mainly for the spotify , but internet radio too. the box itsef is plasticy and light weight, but when you use it that initial concern completley evaprated, boy does it deliver for such a a little lightweight box, how do they do it ? amazing for what it is

matthewpiano

Sorry for the short response before. Was on the train!

To expand a little, and from personal experience, I really don't think you can beat the MCR610 with either of those speakers for the budget you have. It is a tremendously musical little system (I found it more involving than the PM6004 amplifier to be honest) and it's range of facilities is superb. It will have you really enjoying your music without taking over the room and I suspect it will really suit your needs very well.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
gasolin said:
What about the nad D3020 and the Q acoustics 2020I?

That would be much better IMO than the M-CR610.

The D3020 has digital inputs so you use your dvd/bluray player as a source. No need for a separate cd player.

RicP

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I can highly recommend the Denon 720ae amp & CD player in my sig. You can get both for around half the price of the Marantz amp & cd combo.

i auditioned mine alongside the Marantz and honestly preferred the sound of the Denon. I've got mine running some B&W 686 S2s and it sounds awesome to my ears, although these speakers would take the price a bit over your budget.

gasolin

Cypher said:
gasolin said:
What about the nad D3020 and the Q acoustics 2020I?

That would be much better IMO than the M-CR610.

The D3020 has digital inputs so you use your dvd/bluray player as a source. No need for a separate cd player.

After i have seen the Nad D3020 thread i have to say the nad and Q acoustics are mabye a bit to polite, but mabye some speaker cable could give that little extra. I am considering this combination for my self but with the 2010i because of the size difference of the speaker and the price is not that big if i want the 2020i in wallnut but in black which i want theres a bigger difference, i think it's to much.

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
I really don't think you can beat the MCR610 with either of those speakers for the budget you have. It is a tremendously musical little system (I found it more involving than the PM6004 amplifier to be honest) and it's range of facilities is superb.

Yes, you enjoyed the system so much that you no onger own it!

matthewpiano

Cse, you only ever seem to come on here to make negative comments about me and I really don't understand why. None of it was wasted, I got most back and only changed again because I realised I wasn't going to get what I wanted with mainstream budget kit, good though it was.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts