Budget standmount speakers for classical Acoustic E. Aegis Neo 1or Monitor A. BR2 or Wharfedale Diamond 9.2?

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Hello

I looking for a neutral (uncolored, easy to listen) sounding standmount speaker (the price should be under 250) mainly for classical music, jazz. I listened the KEF IQ 3 (very good, uncoloured sound,with wide and deep  soundstage, but it was a little bright for me), the Usher S- 520 (very natural sounding, with a fine amount of detail, but with weak bass compared with KEF IQ 3 and others), Tannoy Sensys 1( good, but a little bright like KEF)
  I own NAD amp, and Cambridge Audio 540 v 2 player, and  I have no possibility to upgrade.
  I think the Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 could be more natural and linear sounding than the Monitor Audio BR2( I suppose its bass is predominant over the midrange, this speakers is  recommended by hifi vendors mainly for  pop and rock, and not for classical )
What is your opinion about Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo 1? How it is compared with Wharfedale Diamond 9.2?

Thank you for reply or any suggestion

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's are my favorite budget speakers for classical music. I've also owned Acoustic Energy Evo 3 and while it was easy to listen to, it wasn't clear enough and lacked in energy. With your current electronics, it's hard to go wrong with the Wharfedale's. However, the Usher's you auditioned come alive with better amplifiers.

A

Anonymous

For classical these often come up on eBay in budget:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun98/articles/av1neutron.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts