Budget LCD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm after a 32" LCD TV but have a limited budget. I obviously want to get the best for my money.

I just want to use the TV for freeview and would like it to have built in digital. And i dont want to spend more than £350.00. I have found 2 TVs and wouldn't mind a second opinion as i'm no expert, links below. Or if anyone knows of any other TVs? Or if i should spend more and get more?

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/120837/rb/0

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129151

I'm aware there are more 32" reviews in next months edition but i want it now. Any thoughts appreciated

Cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not sure we've tested either of those, but £350 is seriously small money for a quality 32in LCD. Pushing the budget to £430 for a Toshiba will pay dividends - see here.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I agree with Andrew, you need to up your budget a little as I have seen some of these TOO-CHEAP-TO-BE-TRUE sets in action as I was wanting a 32"" lcd for the kids games room and the proformance was to be honest rubbish with terrible motion tracking and very over the top colour rendition even after tweeking. I opted instead to pay a little More and went for a Samsung and even tho it was £150 more at £500 it was money well spent and the kids XBOX 360 looks great on it and even the freeview is more than ok.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]

Not sure we've tested either of those, but £350 is seriously small money for a quality 32in LCD. Pushing the budget to £430 for a Toshiba will pay dividends - see here.

[/quote]

Just bought the Toshiba discussed in above link, a lot of people suggested this, and said it was worth spending a bit extra. Got it for 418 plus 16 pound delivery. Thanks for your suggestions. Will i need to tweek the standard settings for a better picture, and how easy is it? Easy on this Toshiba? I have to wait 5 days for it but want to get the best out of it.

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, you'll need to tweak the settings to get the most from your new Tosh.
This 'How To' should help, even if you only follow the early part re brightness/contrast etc you'll see a better picture, but using a THX disc brings even more fine-tuning benefits.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts