Budget Hi-Fi - need advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to Hi-Fi. Am looking for a budget Hi-Fi system.

Have short-listed two speakers - MS 902i and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1.

Although i am getting the 902i at half the price of 9.1.

Also i was looking for either the PM6002 or the CA 540A v2.

I had thought of the CD6002 earlier. But then found it a bit bright with the PM6002.

Also have a very tight budget so cancelled the plans of buying a CD player for now.

My system will also be used for movie watching so was thinking of buying the 540D DVD player which could also be used for CD play for the time being.

I listen to all kind of music - Rock, Pop, classical, a lot of trance, James Taylor, Blues, Jazz, etc.

So the following are the questions that i would request everyone answer for me?

Q1) Which one do you think is a better speaker - 902i or 9.1, & a better value for money considering the price that i am getting them at?

Q2) Do you think that the 540D will suit the PM6002?

Q3) Also which amp do you think will suit the 902i better - the PM6002 or the 540A v2?

Q4) Also which combo will be better - PM6002/540D or 540Av2/540D? (considering that the 540A is supposed to be bright which might get nullified by using the PM6002)

Thank you in advance.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
1 - 902i
2 - yes
3 - PM6002
4 - Former

Do everyone a favour, and go listen to them and make up your own mind. My ears are different to yours, so differences as small as 3&4 need to be heard by you.

A

Anonymous

Dude,

I do understand that its best when one takes a demo & leaves everything to one's own ear to decide. But the problem is that i am not getting the combos of the above mentioned products anywhere with one particular dealer. If that could (the demo) have happened then i wouldn't have faced so much of confusion. There are different dealers for each product in my city. That's why all the confusion as i can't get to hear them together. So you don't need to pass any sarcastic comments.

Anyways, thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

A

Anonymous

You'll have to rely on your ears and memory. It would also help if you bought one of the items you mentioned, preferably the speakers, because then you can take it/them along to other dealers for demos.

At some point, when learning to swim, you have to hold your nose and jump in.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
G9:But the problem is that i am not getting the combos of the above mentioned products anywhere with one particular dealer.

I have a certain sympathy, but that happems a lot. And Tarquinh's advice is wise.

G9:

Dude,

I do understand that its best when one takes a demo & leaves everything to one's own ear to decide. But the problem is that i am not getting the combos of the above mentioned products anywhere with one particular dealer. If that could (the demo) have happened then i wouldn't have faced so much of confusion. There are different dealers for each product in my city. That's why all the confusion as i can't get to hear them together. So you don't need to pass any sarcastic comments.

Anyways, thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of hi-fi. The best judge will always be your ears. (Penguin puffs out cheeks)

TRENDING THREADS