budget headphones and tv speakers needed

jackteet

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I have just purchased a Hisense 43A7/NQ TV and am delighted with it. The problem is the external box speakers and headphones. Both were purchased at least 10 years ago and fitted in well with our 10 year old Samsung tv. all connection are by headphone jacks and a red and a white lead. I am not even sure what they are called. Anyway I have decided to move into the 21st century.
I shall post a pic of my tv`s connections which mean very little to me. I would like a pair of budget bookshelf speakers and wifi headphones. I think I can go the bluetooth route but not sure if that connection would allow me to mute the tv speakers and run audio through h/phones only.
Looking on amazon for speakers and h/phones I do not know if their connectivity is compatible with my TV.
would a very kind person please tell me which of the connections on my tv are also the most commonly used on speakers and h/phones. TIA and I apologise for my ignorance.

Attachments

• 20240712_160751[1].jpg
    20240712_160751[1].jpg
    192 KB · Views: 6

jackteet

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
Thanks very much but not sure whether I can go bluetooth route with headphone and speakers. I shall want to mute speakers and have auduio solely through h.phones

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Thanks very much but not sure whether I can go bluetooth route with headphone and speakers. I shall want to mute speakers and have auduio solely through h.phones
Right: You'll want to wire-connect the speakers (i.e., keep using the speaker connections?).

My Soundcore Q30s will connect automatically in seconds with a button-press on them (to my own >10-year-old Samsung TV that has found them) and when I click with my TV remote to select the pop-up on the TV screen, sound output goes to the Q30s as the speakers mute automatically. Same occurs when I am using the TV's built-in speakers.

You should find bluetooth-connection options on your TV to pair the headphones as soon as you get them, and the headphones will have their own pairing instructions (and optionally an app). Thenceforth, the
TV software should find the paired headphones automatically when the headphones seek a connection, as they would with other paired devices. An auto-connection to the TV requires pre-pairing and (usually) that the headphones are (currently) not auto-connected to other devices.

I'd expect that that the not-pictured-here part of your instructions would be instructive on available options. I'll guess that an HDMI port will be free/ available, and that the speakers will have connections or adapters to use it. (You must already have connected speakers to be "delighted" with the TV.)

Welcome to the forum and continue to enjoy your new TV.

jackteet

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
Hi Roldolfo, many thanks although to be honest my tech knowledge is very limited, as is obvious from my initial question. Some of what you write goes over my head.
Rightly or wrongly I am going the optical audio lead route. I have purchased an Avantree Opera h/phones and Majority Snowdon soundbar,
Having connected soundbar and h/phones to the tv optical connection with appropriate leads, I now need to shut down the tv`s own speakers and have audio through the soundbar only. I also need to be able to mute the soundbar and have audio to the h/phones only. Also audio from both simultaneously.
In "sounds" settings on my tv remote I have 5 options, TV speakers, bluetooth, h/phones, ARC and SPDIF. I have resarched ARD and SPDIF but am now even more confused. Would you please be so kind as to tell me how I come out from tv spaekers. connect soundbar onlt and mute the soundbar for audio through the h/phones. I have again researched this but it flys over my head at great speed. TIA...jack

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Sorry, Jack: you're already ahead of me. I'm not much of a video guy having only built-in TV speakers and the Q30s, and I've never researched what you have already. I'd keep studying the manual -patiently, wishin' and hopin' for insights, and maybe consult the dealer/salesperson who sold me the Hisense, if available. Furthermore, I have no knowledge of any of your other new components: Salespeople of those might also be resources, but I'm just guessing here. ;)

jackteet

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
Hi Rodolfo, many thanks for coming back. I purchased the h/phones and soundbar from amazon and have started asking questions of customers who also purchase the same products. I am getting some answers which help. I am researching on the internet but the lingo goes over my head. I need an idiots language. anyway I press on and shall eventually get there. There might be someone on here who can help.Thanks again, jack

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts