Budget cd player with integrated USB dac

muljao said:
Do these exist. I know Marantz do a higher level SA8005, but are there any more affordable type units

If you mean a CD player with front or rear mounted USB input then there are many including the likes of the Yamaha CDS300, or is this not what you mean.

It's going to depend on what you call budget.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, I should have been more clear. What i mean is a cd player with a b type usb dac that can be used to plug a computer into and use the cds dac as the decoder

I'd consider 300 pounds budget in this regard

muljao said:
Sorry, I should have been more clear. What i mean is a cd player with a b type usb dac that can be used to plug a computer into and use the cds dac as the decoder

I'd consider 300 pounds budget in this regard

Don't those with a USB A input do just that, use the DAC in the CD player? Apologies not up to speed on this.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
The normal usb you see on the front panel generally can play files off a usb stick and/ or can be apple friendly. It seems you get a back usb b type with usb dac labeling for one that plugs into a laptop or PC usb and takes over the soundcard. The marantz sa8005 does this and is a SACD player also, I'm looking for the function but not the price ;)

muljao said:
The normal usb you see on the front panel generally can play files off a usb stick and/ or can be apple friendly. It seems you get a back usb b type with usb dac labeling for one that plugs into a laptop or PC usb and takes over the soundcard. The marantz sa8005 does this and is a SACD player also, I'm looking for the function but not the price ;)

So something less than £599 eh? Sorry cannot help.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
muljao said:

That price is after really dropping. This was nearly twice that not so long ago

muljao said:
Al ears said:
muljao said:

That price is after really dropping. This was nearly twice that not so long ago

Yes originally £999 I believe, hang on a bit and it might go lower. ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts