Budget CD player search...

darrenconnor4

May 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a budget (£50-£100) cd player with a digital out for use with my dac and headphones. I'm happy to go second hand, just looking for recommendations really as to units which people know are great at a bargain price.

Thanks in advance.

Daz

A

Anonymous

If the Denon uses a digital out, you could. I would recommend a player with the Philips cdm 4 drive. Found in many older Marantz or Rotel players. And of course Philips. Most have digital output, so you can hook your DAC. You can find them on the net for a bargain nowadays.

darrenconnor4

May 2, 2009
Visit site
I've found a few old marantz with digital out currently going for less than a tenner so will keep my eye on them (cd63). Have you had experience with these players? Also, are there any reliability issues with buying and older player?

Unfortunately my Denon only has RCA or mono out (not even sure what I'd use that for).

A

Anonymous

The Marantz cd 63 is an excellent player. Especially the SE and KI versions. Pretty usefull for a drive I would say.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Ocean37 said:
The Marantz cd 63 is an excellent player. Especially the SE and KI versions. Pretty usefull for a drive I would say.

+1 :)

But no need to go for KI as it costs more than £100, a bit over price. SE is good enough (< £100).

You may also consider CD67 SE or CD67 MKII, costing less than CD 63 SE or MK II.

The laser mechanism of 63 and 67 are the same and if you know how to DIY change the laser unit costs only £18 and the CDP can then last for years !!

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Rotel 965bx, a lot say its better than the marantz cd63ki although I've never one so couldn't comment. Can be had for £60 on the bay. It is better than my old arcam cd73t though

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts