BT Sport wins Champions League rights

John Duncan

daveh75 said:
Son_of_SJ said:
According to the BBC Radio 4 news this afternoon, Sky say that BT paid substantially more than the package was worth.

They mean they got outbid...

I seem to recall that what Sky actually said was that BT had paid substantially in excess of their own (Sky's) valuation, which is not quite the same thing...

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I seem to recall that what Sky actually said was that BT had paid substantially in excess of their own (Sky's) valuation, which is not quite the same thing...

I'm happy to concede that that is more correct than my earlier phrase.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
BT said the deal would make European football "far more accessible and affordable for fans".

Could someone please explain this statement to me?.

Strikes me that currently there are two sets of viewers:

1) Sky subscribers - who will now have to pay extra to watch Champions league if they want to continue viewing

2) Freeview customers - who will have to pay extra as games wont be free to air anymore. I know BT have said they will air games free of charge but you can bet they wont be he really decent ones

How does this BT deal make if more affordable?

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
900 big ones :quest:

Champions League has limited appeal and it only gets 3% of Skys viewing, not sure on ITV.

When this kicks in in 2015 the Premiership is then up for grabs, I wonder if they will go for that aswell?

If not they have some major recouping to do.

I switch to BT this year and have watch only 1 game thus far...

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
This afternoon, BBC Radio 4 at 4.30pm, the Media Show. I hope that you can get it on iPlayer. The first 13 minutes of this half-hour programme were devoted to discussing BT Sport and the Champions' League rights. I won't attempt to summarise in case I get it wrong and the radar-eared Mr John Duncan ticks me off again! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts