BT Mains Coonditioing 500va unit

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Getting harder to find nowadays, but got an E mail of one off Flee bay. Might be of interest, it is the larger 500va model which is even better than the smaller ones.

Good hunting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230326703495&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Don't bother - they're complete rubbish! [Says I as I busily type in www.ebay.co.uk...]
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Sorry, you are so right!

You even have to plug the bloody thing in for them to work, AND it uses electricity!

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Just trying to keep the final bid price down - I don't want a bidding war to break out!

Btw trevor79, hooked up the smaller 125va unit I received on Wednesday - very chuffed with the results. Just using it with the hi-fi side of things at the moment (as opposed to HT) and very impressed with the improvement* so thanks for your posts on the subject over the past few months

* For anyone thinking of bidding, I refer back to my first statement - they're rubbish really.ÿ

A

Anonymous

I vote for a world consisting of everything apart from non-essential power absorbing equipment.

A

Anonymous

It could go sky high. I bet loads are watching and I aint going as high as I think it will go to.

A

Anonymous

This mains unit unit has two plug sockets. What is the best way to connect more than two appliances into it?

One of the three way square blocks?

A tacima?

Normal extention?

Or better just to connect two appliances into it and buy more mains conditioners - this could get expensive.

Many thanks, Leeÿ

A

Anonymous

Buy a Multi plug off Amazon or Maplins, or yes indeed buy another unit!

I have two.:)

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Margetti, you must have really wanted that one. I decided that £75 including delivery was quite hifg enough for my bid. Hopefully I'll catch one in the future with less piblicity. Well done.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Yes, well... the evil that is flea bay... a week ago my max was £40 + p&p... as of this evening it became £80 including p&p. A lot more than I wanted to pay, but bought a 125 a couple of weeks ago and have been very impressed, other than the current handling of that particular unit. Needed something that could handle the Onkyo!

Good luck with the next one that turns up - they are well worth the money. And with any luck no one will highlight the next flea bay posting on this forum, and you'll get one for a lot less!

ÿ

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
hi margetti, yeah a bit steep, was watching with interest. Was cringing when the message about the thread went on to the auction. Hope your happy with the purchase.

A

Anonymous

OK, I will keep quiet!

Still even for what you have paid it is still good value.

You can spend more than that on an decend mains cable and not get the same level of filtration!
Now try it with the bog standard kettle lead and think of the ASDA price add and pat your pocket!

All the best

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
I see that there are 2A and 5A rated versions - do they come with any higher current ratings than this? I'm curious to try one out.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
trevor79:Have only come across 5A versions myself.

Is Tear Drop alluding to the continuous rating perhaps, which ranges from 0.5A for the 125 model, to 2.0A for the 500 model? Would appreciate an explanation of these numbers myself Trevor (and how they relate to the oft-quoted 5A rating - if at all), if you wouldn't mind.

Being the morning after, have to admit that a wee bit of red wine may have influenced my final bid price... that said I've been waiting for the 500 model to come up for 6 months or so, so not complaining too much.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Congratulations!

With regards to the continuous rating I did note that the plugs were fitted with a 2A fuse on both the 125 and 500va models I bought.
I took them out and hard wired them as the unit itself has replaceable fuses in it plus its own protect circuits.

Personally I don't like fuses, much prefer CB's.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
First one I've ever seen myself!

How did you get on with the ebay seller re the 125 - have you had a listen, or did you send it back in the end?ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts