Bryston Model T Signature Speakers - Demo

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Spent about 2 hours, mesmerized by these wonderful speakers. All the clarity, highs and mids that I enjoyed a couple of weeks back were still there. But this time around, the low end was really refined but still gutsy enough to give that thumping to your heart. It was really tonally balanced regardless of what music genre you play. And we really played today. Even the dealers were excited themself but I was even more excited. Today, these speakers were driven by the pair of BP17 pre amp and the 4BSST2 power amp. Wired by of course WyWires. Source was through BDP2 and BDA2.

We threw in Dire Straits, CCR, Pink Panther theme, Metallica, Stan Getz and Gilberto, The Eagles etc....MP3, WAV, FLAC, hi res.....and the speakers just smile at us, performing its best (though cant wait to listen to them in the AV show this year in a bigger room). We played it loud today and the bass was so refined and detail and did not muffle at all. Each bassline and kick pedal was clear, solid with no sign of distortion. And it did not overshadow the clarity and crispiness of the mids and highs. It was goooddd.
The one thing that really stand out was on wind instrument. I think it was a clarinet playing. I can even hear the extend of the musician breath to play those long notes.
You guys just need to experience it yourself.
I do believe what Bryan Russel mentioned few months ago... audiophile quality at affordable price (well at least to some)
Samples of the music through these speakers:
http://youtu.be/UqbhZEU-Au8
http://youtu.be/ou1XOGKPKJs

blogger-image--342239024.jpg

blogger-image--22975338.jpg

blogger-image-803696986.jpg

blogger-image-2120708358.jpg

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
El Hefe said:
I do believe what Bryan Russel mentioned few months ago... audiophile quality at affordable price (well at least to some)

What is the "affordable price" El Hefe?

I've been dubious about the overall design. I get why he's used line array, but having got used to the apparent point source of the KEF Blades, the design seems a little 'old fashioned' to me - I can't imagine I would get on with it. Maybe I'll never find out either, as it isn't certain we'll see them in the UK.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
El Hefe ,

How do you think the Bryston model T would compare to the equivalently priced PMC speaker ?

Here is a working link to the video for you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou1XOGKPKJs

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
DocG said:
El Hefe said:
I do believe what Bryan Russel mentioned few months ago... audiophile quality at affordable price (well at least to some)...

... the price being how much per pair?

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
El Hefe said:

What is the "affordable price" El Hefe?

I've been dubious about the overall design. I get why he's used line array, but having got used to the apparent point source of the KEF Blades, the design seems a little 'old fashioned' to me - I can't imagine I would get on with it. Maybe I'll never find out either, as it isn't certain we'll see them in the UK.

Hi DocG, Frank,

The model I demoed is the top end of the range...it was retailing at about USD 9,000. The cheapest in the range which is the standmount is about USD 2,500....hence the disclaimer of well at least to some :)

Yes, the design is kinda old fashion....and is a no looker as well. It does look a bit better with the grill on which comes in 3 per speaker, hence looks a bit 'compartmentalised' between the tweeters, midrange and bass drivers. Two tweeters design was the biggest surprise as I was expecting ear pinching highs....but nope...it was sweet.

External cross over is also not to everyone's liking... But the overall sound compliments hugely over the design itself.

yes... When I did an interview with Bryan, he did mention that at this moment, there is no plan to sell these babies in UK.... But that was last year...

You can always pop in to Malaysia for this year AV show in June ...:)

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Electro said:
El Hefe ,

How do you think the Bryston model T would compare to the equivalently priced PMC speaker ?

Here is a working link to the video for you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou1XOGKPKJs

hi Electro,

Thanks for the youtube correction.... This forum is not really iPad user friendly...

To me the Model T presents a different overall sound compared to PMC. In fact, it can make you ask yourself whether it is actually driven by Bryston amps. Its not to say its better than PMC, but it is for someone who is looking for soothing and balanced sound. It by all means, not a tame speakers, very gutsy when it comes to low end drives, but its a more refined and controlled compared to PMC. Well, thats my take on it using my slightly impaired ears :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts