Bryston b60r amplifier

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Turned up today. had around a 2 hours listening session tonight.. Definitely keeping them. Silky smooth sound. A couple of more layers of depth in certain songs. Very neutral in which I thought would mean boring, but on the contrary just sounds cohesive and right.Nothing sounds pushed or strained. All of the instruments appear in their own space and all have a lovely organic decay to them. Before only main instruments had decay. pmc and bryston pair very well together .

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Fantastic !

It is revealing that you mention that you can hear the decay of all the notes rather than just the loudest ones, this is one of my measures of a good amp and why Bryston's are such good revealing amplifiers.

The natural decay of musical note is just as important as the leading edge and any amplifier that preserves the whole transient from leading edge to sustain and then decay sounds far more musically realistic and easy to listen to.

Congrats on you new amp . *good*

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Electro said:
Fantastic !

It is revealing that you mention that you can hear the decay of all the notes rather than just the loudest ones, this is one of my measures of a good amp and why Bryston's are such good revealing amplifiers.

The natural decay of musical note is just as important as the leading edge and any amplifier that preserves the whole transient from leading edge to sustain and then decay sounds far more musically realistic and easy to listen to.

[/quote . I have has speakers that totally dissappear before . This is the first time the PMCs have. What took me back is all the new tiny subtle bits of detail that weren't audible before even had decay and in their own space.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
damonster said:
Electro said:
Fantastic !

[/quote . I have has speakers that totally dissappear before . This is the first time the PMCs have. What took me back is all the new tiny subtle bits of detail that weren't audible before even had decay and in their own space.

All you are experiencing is good clean power (and plenty of reserves) with low noise floor enabling all the details to be preserved.

Its what i look for in an amp.
Enjoy your new toy

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You basically have a Bryston BP20 pre and a 2B power in the same box with separate power supplies sharing a common ground. That good sir is a whole load of great stuff in a neat, rack friendly package. Really pleased for you. Now stop and don't look any further in to the PMC/Bryston rabbit hole. That way bankruptcy lies...

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Gazzip said:
You basically have a Bryston BP20 pre and a 2B power in the same box with separate power supplies sharing a common ground. That good sir is a whole load of great stuff in a neat, rack friendly package. Really pleased for you. Now stop and don't look any further in to the PMC/Bryston rabbit hole. That way bankruptcy lies...
Thanks, Gazzip. Looking at your setup can see why. Lol. Wow!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts