Bryston and Meridian - would they work?

23Dee

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Guys,

I have had a Meridian G96 from new (at huge cost at the time), which lamentably stopped reading the dvd’s about 4-5 years ago, and since Meridian when it went wrong seemed to be less helpful than they were originally when I purchased, the unit was replaced with something much cheaper on my AV system.

Just recently I have been toying with the idea of buying a dedicated stereo system, probably the Bryston BP26 preamp /DAC with the 2.5BSST power amp, and wondered if the G96 might be work ressurecting and able to deliver the sort of quality CD output that would do justice to the Bryston equipment????

The G96 unit is still in it’s original box in the garage, so I wondered if it is worth getting it repaired and serviced - giving it a new lease of life, however I am concerned that technology has move on so fast in quality sound production since around 2003-4, that I might be better to ditch it and invest in something else, especially as the G96 was originally designed and optimised (I presume) as a dvd player?

Your thoughts would be appreciated…

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
Our reference amplifier is Bryston's BP26 preamp with the 4B SST2 power. CD players have moved on alot over the last decade or so. I think it all depends on how much your Meridian costs to repair. If it's not too much it's worth a punt. Otehrwise you'll be looking at a pretty pricey CD player if you want to make the most of the Bryston combination you're considering.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts