Broken sub cable pin, PV1 Sub

Gander

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
All....it's been a VERY long time since i have posted on here (probably since the last time i pruchased an expensive black box with green lights on it)

I have borrowed my dad's B&W PV1 (original model) that he hasn't had set up for months. I got it back to my place, all excited about setting it up in my room and seeing how it comapered to my SB8, when i noticed a slight issue with it.... the previous sub cable pin has snapped off in the female line in socket!!! tried tweesers, tried long nose pliers, tried super gluing a match to the end of it and even tried heating up a nail to get it out. All to no avail!

has anyone ever had this and also, has anyone ever removed the bottom panel at all? typically they have used security screws, so i coudln't take a screw driver straight to it.....

Any comments/ advice welcome!

Thanks in advance. 8)

Matt

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Googled for a picture of it, is the base just not held in place with fairly standard Allen or Torx bolts? I couldn't find a really good picture. Many phono sockets are sealed from the rear in a plastic casing so you might still have issues, even with the base removed. Sorry that's not great news. It doesn't sound helpful but I've never had to rescue a partly-broken phono-plug from inside a socket before. I can't think of an occasion where it might happen except for either very bad luck or extreme stupidity.

Hope you are successful.

Gander

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
torx bolts (i can confirm after a quick google!). 4 or 5 of them. i may get myself a suiable screw driver, open it up and take a look before i go anywhere near taking it to a shop....£££

cheers

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How old is the sub? B&W have a 5 year warranty on their speakers, but you may need to check that accidental damage is covered?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts