Bristol show 2010

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Who is planning to go to the Bristol show this year?

I intend to go on Friday 26th, and I'm hoping Spendor will have a well run in pair of A5s on demo - hint to anyone from Spendor ;-)

A

Anonymous

Hi

I'm thinking of going as its in my hometown. I keep missing it every year.

I have a few questions regarding the show.

Do companys only show their flag ship products, eg uber expensive ones or do they show off products that us mere mortals can afford?

Do companys show different products over the 3 days or is it the same over the 2 days.

Which day do people think is the best day to go and the less busiest?

Cheers

Jay

Messiah

jaybed:
Hi

I'm thinking of going as its in my hometown. I keep missing it every year.

I have a few questions regarding the show.

Do companys only show their flag ship products, eg uber expensive ones or do they show off products that us mere mortals can afford?

Do companys show different products over the 3 days or is it the same over the 2 days.

Which day do people think is the best day to go and the less busiest?

Cheers

Jay

Depends on the company. Many companies show a range of gear but it is nice to see the flagship products!

I believe it is the same stuff over the 3 days

I am not sure but I guess Friday is the quietest as more people are at work.

Hopefully I'll be going on the Sunday....

A

Anonymous

Hi Messiah

Thanks for getting back to me. Will have to go along and check it out for myself. Going to take some CD's with me so if you hear any loud drum and bass or heavy metal it means I'm in that room ;o)

Cheers

Jay

Messiah

Make sure you take those CDs. Otherwise you will be stuck listening to the same type of boring music in each room!

I took CDs last time and did not put them on which I regretted. If I get to go this year I will not miss the opportunity again!

kev g

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
Hopefully I will be going on the Friday. I have not missed a show for the past 8 years.

What I do miss is the large Mission room that used to be on the lower floor. I could sit there for hours listening to all the different combinations.

I think the new Mission 794`s look very stylish. As yet have not yet read any reviews of them.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I do believe it will be my 10th Bristol Show this year, too!
emotion-3.gif

We'll be out in force, as ever - and we've started a Bristol Sound & Vision blog, which will be updated frequently between now and the show, including previews of all the kits, competitions and deals on offer.

Even more brands to see this year compared to last, too
emotion-21.gif

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
If it's your 10th Bristol Clare, heaven knows how many I've done!
emotion-3.gif
But there is some fantastic new kit scheduled for launch there this year - promises to be a bumper crop I reckon.

A

Anonymous

Anybody know if one can purchase any item they like at the show or are there only some items for sale?

And can we expect fair discounts on purchases at the show?

I'm thinking of buying a pair of dynaudio dm 2/6.

John Duncan

Andy Clough:If it's your 10th Bristol Clare, heaven knows how many I've done!
emotion-3.gif
But there is some fantastic new kit scheduled for launch there this year - promises to be a bumper crop I reckon.

This would be my first. I've been invited, but I might be busy...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
bluecafe1:
Anybody know if one can purchase any item they like at the show or are there only some items for sale?

And can we expect fair discounts on purchases at the show?

I'm thinking of buying a pair of dynaudio dm 2/6.

I don't know if Dynaudio specifically will be offering discounts, but there's generally a wide variety of deals on a whole range of products. Probably worth giving Dynaudio a call on 01908 237936 beforehand to see what sort of show offers they'll have.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy,

Coming in very late I know I see you are the editor, so should be the man to know. Question Is it really still possible to attend the show as an exhibitor? Just started working for a new company with a super amplifier product. I'll contact you by phone, probably the best and explain in detail. Would be great if the product could be demo'ed at Bristol. Cheers Eddie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts