Bristol 2012

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I made a beeline for the Sansui room when I noticed they were present. Had a good chat to one of the guys there. Currently they are in the process of arranging reviews of their kit, and are also negotiating retail outlets. I'm no longer a fan of big seperates so was pleased to see they had a micro system. Would like to see a review comparisn between that and the CR603.

Rich

A

Anonymous

Thanks for coming along to see us at the Bristol Show. The track you are thinking of is called (Who?) Keeps Changing Your Mind (Daniel Bovie & Roy Rox Dub Mix) by South Street Player. There are a lot of remixes out there but the one we used for the Blade demo was from the Hed Kandi Beach House 2010 album.

Hope that helps!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
6th.replicant said:
Yes. Not my cuppa char, but at least Audio Note's demo actually sounded like music and didn't hurt my ears - most of the other stuff gave me a headache/earache, literally. (In fact, over 24 hours later my ears still hurt.)

I've not been to many hi-fi/AV shows, but Bristol emphasised the gulf between being a music fan and a hi-fi fan.

Visited room-after-room, mostly full of fellows sitting with their eyes half-closed, heads gently lolling while smiling serenely. Yet, all I heard was hideous vocal sibilance, ear-splitting top-end and boomy, lung-rattling bass.
Excellent post.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
6th.replicant said:
Yes. Not my cuppa char, but at least Audio Note's demo actually sounded like music and didn't hurt my ears - most of the other stuff gave me a headache/earache, literally. (In fact, over 24 hours later my ears still hurt.)

I've not been to many hi-fi/AV shows, but Bristol emphasised the gulf between being a music fan and a hi-fi fan.

Visited room-after-room, mostly full of fellows sitting with their eyes half-closed, heads gently lolling while smiling serenely. Yet, all I heard was hideous vocal sibilance, ear-splitting top-end and boomy, lung-rattling bass.
Excellent post.

brilliant ..... I once went into the Naim room with my mate at Bristol. We had to leave because we got the giggles so badly. I had to go and stand in the corridor snorting I got it so bad.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Love the funny comments, a friend an i visited on Friday, is it just me or did some rooms just kill the mood with the tracks they play!??

My friend then asked (I forget which room) have you hot anything from the breadstick band? The guy replied "sorry guys not this time"

So many rooms i walked into and out again because of the funeral tracks.

I think the best tracks were played by Pmc or Proac, can't remember which, the guy is fairly old and a very large middle and his lady friend of similar age but slim, they played some really great upbeat tracks to show off their kit, stayed in fo about 4 tracks, well done them!

Kef demo great apart from when he asked "who has teenagers?" a couple including myself replied "yes" he said about them downloading crappy mp3 music and the arcam USB dac can totally change the sound, he then played a track "an old classical piece" who's teenagers listen to this? Friend an I walked out!

Overall not a bad event.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts