Brio R has arrived (finally)

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally my Brio R has arrived! It was delayed due to the dutch importer ran out of stock. Guess the Brio R is popular these days :)

Anyhow, it was worth the wait! Got it running for a few hours, but the difference and improvement in comparison with my old Marantz PM 78 is very noticable. More (tight) bass is what stands out, but the 'lighteness' is just great. It all sounds 'airy', and in music where the Marantz was struggling this little guy seams to handle it with ease. 'Authority' is what comes to mind. Seems almost humoristic if you compare the physical size of the Brio with the Marantz :)

The other thing is that I really, really appreciate my 'old' Missions. They seem to come to live with the Brio. So at the moment I'm one very happy dude!

Just my first impressions of course. Many hours of listening fun will follow :)

spockfish said:
Finally my Brio R has arrived! It was delayed due to the dutch importer ran out of stock. Guess the Brio R is popular these days :)

Anyhow, it was worth the wait! Got it running for a few hours, but the difference and improvement in comparison with my old Marantz PM 78 is very noticable. More (tight) bass is what stands out, but the 'lighteness' is just great. It all sounds 'airy', and in music where the Marantz was struggling this little guy seams to handle it with ease. 'Authority' is what comes to mind. Seems almost humoristic if you compare the physical size of the Brio with the Marantz :)

The other thing is that I really, really appreciate my 'old' Missions. They seem to come to live with the Brio. So at the moment I'm one very happy dude!

Just my first impressions of course. Many hours of listening fun will follow :)

Hi spockfish

Nice one and i hope that you enjoy the performance of your system for many years to come :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I bought one last week. There were two just delivered to the shop, one already ordered so I grabbed the other leaving shop without a demo model for a few more weeks!

Very sweet and punchy sound, fantastic phono stage, capable of driving some difficult speakers. Don't forget that 'Input 1' is phono stage only. :dance:

jerry klinger said:
I bought one last week. There were two just delivered to the shop, one already ordered so I grabbed the other leaving shop without a demo model for a few more weeks!

Very sweet and punchy sound, fantastic phono stage, capable of driving some difficult speakers. Don't forget that 'Input 1' is phono stage only. :dance:

Hi jerry klinger

Nice one :) Yes, the Brio R is a pocket rocket :grin:

Btw, what other components are you using please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
It's in a system with P3-24/TTPSU/DV10x5, Arcam rdac and Revolver RW16 speakers on Foundation stands. Looking at adding some RS3s or RS5s. I've also been using the Brio-R with my Dynaudios downstairs (see picture) and it sounds great, even though they're 4ohms and not ideal for it.

jerry klinger said:
It's in a system with P3-24/TTPSU/DV10x5, Arcam rdac and Revolver RW16 speakers on Foundation stands. Looking at adding some RS3s or RS5s. I've also been using the Brio-R with my Dynaudios downstairs (see picture) and it sounds great, even though they're 4ohms and not ideal for it.

Hi jerry klinger

Thanks for your reply and nice one. Fwiw, i've used the Brio R with Monitor Audio's Platinum PL200 speakers and the Brio R has coped admirably with the PL200's 4Ohms load :)

Btw, which Dynaudio speakers are you using?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts