Brio R - Dynaudio DM 2/7 ,MA Rx2 ,B&W 685 .....

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I was about to buy floorstanders but it turned out I am not allowed to remove some piece of furniture sadly (women) So now I'll

have to go for bookshelf speakers again . What are your seggestions ? room 3.5m x 3.5 m , I like warmer sound with good

bass and big soundstage so rega's rs1 are out of list I thing . music I like; nu jazz , jazz , electronic , acoustic ..

Merry Christmas to all of You

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
You have very nice electronics and they deserve good speakers, I would demo some speakers. Go to your local hifi shop take you rega with you and listen yourself.

Zax89swe

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
With my brio I use dali zensor 7 witch i enjoy more and more, i think they starting to get burned in. I can say they have good synergy with brio after a while, the sound is harmonical with lots of details, dynamics and air in a soundstage that fills a room. I wonder badly how it will sound with a real dac like Vdac mkii, rega dac.. its so expensive.

A

Anonymous

I would recommend a demo with the dynaudio excite x12's they sound amazing with the brio R.

domenn said:
I was about to buy floorstanders but it turned out I am not allowed to remove some piece of furniture sadly (women) So now I'll

have to go for bookshelf speakers again . What are your seggestions ? room 3.5m x 3.5 m , I like warmer sound with good

bass and big soundstage so rega's rs1 are out of list I thing . music I like; nu jazz , jazz , electronic , acoustic ..

Hi domenn

If you're after a warm sound then i would also look at Dynaudio's superb DM 2/6's and Excite X12's as these speakers work very well with the Brio-R. If your budget allows then Monitor Audio's Gold GX50's are also worth bearing in mind as i've also found the Brio-R works well with GX50's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank You for responses folks , I'll try Dyns 2/6 and excite x12's . i hope they have them in store :)

I have atacama 70 stands should be ok i guess .

domenn said:

Are planning on sitting the standmounters on dedicated stands?

domenn said:
About 1ft from back wall 2 fts from side walls on atacama nexus 70 cm

Ah right, there's your answer. Floorstanders. Standmounts on dedicated stands take up as much room as floorstanders, and standmounters are arguably hamstrung by the stands. They are ugly. A floorstander will fit into the decor much easier than ugly bits of scaffolding.

matthewpiano

I'm following this with interest as I'm currently awaiting my Brio-R and will be looking for some better speakers to get the best out of it. Dynaudio dm2/6 are on my list as are the KEF Q100s (I had the Q300s before and loved them but I feel they need a slightly bigger room than I have) and the Monitor Audio RX1. Rega RS1s also an option.

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So I've just domoed B&W 685 ,Monitor audio rx1 ,KEF q300 , B&W cm5 . music Norah Jones , REM , some dance music .

685 very similar sound to 601 s3 I dont think this would be a step up , with ASW608 it would be interesting but do you think it would affect SQ of the brio r? Monitor audio rx1 I did not like it much weak soundstage not so detailed as B&W , KEF q300 were warmest sounding not bad , CM5 very good detail , bass , soundstage, but not in low volumes and I like to listen in lower volumes 9-10 o'clock . So I got back home with empty hands and heavy heart . Tomorrow I'll try Music matters some Dynaudio, MA rx2, and ..... dont have idea what else . They did not have Quad 12L2 .

A

Anonymous

Please do comment on your next speaker demo. I'm currently looking at starting my own hifi with Rega components and MA RX2's. But haven't them together yet. Another option was the MA RX6.

Good luck today

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
yesterday I wanted to try RX2 and some Dynaudio . But first we tried Rega RS3 and Rega RS1 :) system was Brio R + Apollo R

easy to describe ; Biig smile on my face and no need to demo more speakers , RS1's lacks in bass(little bit) but they are small speakers but sound is very good . RS3 :) Norah Jones- Painter song --amaizing we were just sitting in sofa and listening 4 or 5 songs without a word . You can actually feel that music in your heart not just hear it . Even electronic music was presented wery well . You can experiment with positioning of RS3's , they are flexible , can go close to the walls . Now I just need to sort out my room again and make a space for them . or maybe RS'5 ? :) Apollo R looks much better than at Manchester show , and with Brio R they look very cute and sound very very good indeed . ( they did not have Rega Dac in demo room ,there is a chance it would sound even better with dac ) So these are my findings after 2 days demo sessions , I've decided to go for Rega RS3 . it is my head ,my ears, go out and listen maybe you will not like it . I love it . :cheers:

domenn said:
yesterday I wanted to try RX2 and some Dynaudio . But first we tried Rega RS3 and Rega RS1 :) system was Brio R + Apollo R

easy to describe ; Biig smile on my face and no need to demo more speakers , RS1's lacks in bass(little bit) but they are small speakers but sound is very good . RS3 :) Norah Jones- Painter song --amaizing we were just sitting in sofa and listening 4 or 5 songs without a word . You can actually feel that music in your heart not just hear it . Even electronic music was presented wery well . You can experiment with positioning of RS3's , they are flexible , can go close to the walls . Now I just need to sort out my room again and make a space for them . or maybe RS'5 ? :) Apollo R looks much better than at Manchester show , and with Brio R they look very cute and sound very very good indeed . ( they did not have Rega Dac in demo room ,there is a chance it would sound even better with dac ) So these are my findings after 2 days demo sessions , I've decided to go for Rega RS3 . it is my head ,my ears, go out and listen maybe you will not like it . I love it . :cheers:

Congrats - sounds like you had a good time finding out the good the bad the ugly. I've not heard any Rega stuff but yet again you've proven that Rega likes erm... Rega.

Enjoy!

A

Anonymous

I live in Colchester and am finding it difficult to demo the Rega speakers. Thanks for your demo guide, now I'm seriously thinking about the rs3. Gonna still try the monitor audio rx2 first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts