Bridging Nad Amps

dinoflondon said:
Hi all, how do I bridge a nad c370 and c270 amp, would very much appreciate some walk through steps.

Are you sure you mean 'bridge'. Check the terminology and get back to explain exactly what you are trying to do.

The manual for the C370 can be downloaded from here:-

http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers/C-370-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier/

There is a page on bi-amping or bridging.

Hope this helps.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Both amplifiers can be bridged using the switch on the back panel. The speaker (one) is then connected to the positive (red) terminals on speaker A. Use the left input only and the left speaker terminal is the positive output when connected to the speaker.

It is the same on both units despite one being an integrated and one a power, it is quite straightforward.

The only thought is that in this configuration to work properly as a stereo pair, both (bridged) amplifiers should be identical in all respects, including sensitivity, gain, power supply etc. Without trying it I can not say if this is the case.

dinoflondon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.

Bridge / Bridging all am basically trying to do is combining the power of two (C370 | C270) amps to work as one larger amp, without blowing any stuff up
regular_smile.gif

dinoflondon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Bridge / Bridging all am basically trying to do is combining the power of two (C370 | C270) amps to work as one larger amp, without blowing any stuff up
regular_smile.gif

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Vladimir said:
The power amp section on both looks identical.

It is stated by NAD that they are indeed identical and they can be quite happily bridged.

That's good. It is not always the case that integrated and power amplifiers are identical but I would be happy to take Nad's word on this.

So just follow the instruction in my earlier post (or the manual), do it carefully and you should have no problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts