Breaks in sound from Sky HD Box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, me again!

After watching Back to the Future on Sky anytime on my Sky HD box, there was a problem. There were regular breaks in sound during the film, now is this to do with the Sky box or is it and optical cable problem?

Has anybody else had this problem?

A

Anonymous

I tend to find it generally on anytime. I don't know what it is, but I only get breaks in sound from the Sky box and none of my other equipment.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Im finding the same problem on sky anytimes service.I have a thompson sky hd box,and it gets on your nerves after a while.Im going to contact sky to see if they can throw any light on this problem.Lol should be fun.

A

Anonymous

I have exactly the same problem and to get round it just record from anytime again, or record the programme from the programme list. i thought it was my optical connection but sussed it out in the end as other programmes were ok. Its about time for a completely new SKY design of box without these problems but that may be asking too much I feel.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that advice. I agree that it probably is asking too much from them to get a new box out, especially with a bigger hard drive when I shell out £90 a month for the privilege!

mgillespie05

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
have the same pain of a problem , rang sky not mutch of help reset harddrive or clean it with full reset that wipes it clean what good is that .ever since the new epg problems problems.i have a lot on my drive and dont want to lose it but the breaks in sound on planner and anytime need to be adreesed

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Had fun phoning sky,20 mins,but to be fair i had someone who was helpfull.looks like it might be a software fault on the new epg"sky are looking into this.that is what i was told.since the new epg upgrade cust have been having this problem.so after that lets see what happens.lol this tech we all have great eh.......................

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I have had the same exactly the same problem numerous audio dropouts, fixed it by performing a planner rebuild which defrags the hard drive. Hope this works for you too.

daveh75

VoodooDoctor:Now where would I find the option to do a Planner Rebuild?Its in the hidden installer menu.

to get to the installer menu on the old epg,

On the remote press "services", then 4, then 0-1-select in quick succession.

On the new epg its, "services" , then 0, then 0-1 select in quick succession.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts