Breaking in your new speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a pair of B&W speakers and really want to give them some sound but wondered if since they are new I need to play them softly for a while. If so, how long for ?

Any set way to breakin a speaker ?

At the moment I'm playing it about half volume.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Play music at a low volume,enough such that the drivers are vibrating and hence loosening up ever so slowly, continuously throughout the day.

Let a CD play on repeat for a good few hours everyday. This process is quite long and tedious, and could take a good couple of weeks before you get the best out of your B&W's.But after this time, your drivers should have been worn into nicely and this will be audibly noticable.

A general rule of thumb, you know your speakers have been worn into sufficiently when they stop sounding better.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Snow_Owl:I have a pair of B&W speakers and really want to give them some sound but wondered if since they are new I need to play them softly for a while. If so, how long for ?

Any set way to breakin a speaker ?

At the moment I'm playing it about half volume.

Thanks.

No. Just enjoy and play as you would normally. They'll change a little bit over time but its nothing to drastic nor any reason to worry about it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts